Squares for a family friend...Finished with picture!

TurtleLvr

I hate to ask again seeing as this will be my 4th request for squares in the last few months, but we just found out a family friend has lung cancer. She's a very, very close friend of my mother's and I have known her over 25 years. She's undergoing chemo and is on oxygen. I just want to make her a lapghan. What I need is twelve 12" COTTON (because of the chemo and oxygen) squares in mauve/pink (not neon or hot). Thanks!

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, Sue...:hug

Thanks Heather. Its been a tough couple weeks. Last week my sil's mom passed, then this and found out yesterday my childhood best friend's step father (I've known him almost 30 years) passed.

Goodness, Sue! I'm so sorry for everything you and your family/friends have been going through. Unfortunately, I'm a little tapped out with time at the moment to help. Hopefully this won't be the case, but if you still need squares when my project is done, I'll help. Okay? Don't hate me!

Oh course, I will be happy to pitch-in, Sue.

:hug:hug It really sounds as though you could use a few hugs :hug:hug My goodness, your heartstrings have been pulled a few times too many, lately. I hope you are doing alright?!?

Our holiday jaunt has to go right past a yarn store ("No, Honey, I am sure I saw a detour sign a few miles back that routed the car this a-way :lol." Said to my DH, yet again ;)). I will scoop up some cotton and crochet my way down Hwy 2. Is is alright if I do not drop 2 squares into the mail until after the 4th? If that is too late, just drop me a note.

Hang in there. This is a really nice gift you are planning, and your thoughtfulness will be evident in the 'ghan you put together for your mum's good friend. Saying a prayer for her right now.

I am so sorry. Count me in Sue, and give your mom a hug for me.:hug

Thanks Glenda!! :hug

Goodness, Sue! I'm so sorry for everything you and your family/friends have been going through. Unfortunately, I'm a little tapped out with time at the moment to help. Hopefully this won't be the case, but if you still need squares when my project is done, I'll help. Okay? Don't hate me!

You have your own project to work on, so no worries Nicole. I could NEVER hate you! :hug

Oh course, I will be happy to pitch-in, Sue.

:hug:hug It really sounds as though you could use a few hugs :hug:hug My goodness, your heartstrings have been pulled a few times too many, lately. I hope you are doing alright?!?

Our holiday jaunt has to go right past a yarn store ("No, Honey, I am sure I saw a detour sign a few miles back that routed the car this a-way :lol." Said to my DH, yet again ;)). I will scoop up some cotton and crochet my way down Hwy 2. Is is alright if I do not drop 2 squares into the mail until after the 4th? If that is too late, just drop me a note.

Hang in there. This is a really nice gift you are planning, and your thoughtfulness will be evident in the 'ghan you put together for your mum's good friend. Saying a prayer for her right now.

Thanks Dusti! You're such a doll! Mailing after the 4th is fine. I imagine it will be a couple weeks before I get enough squares to make it.

When we were in Key West I managed to find 2 yarn shops. Not an easy task on an island that's 1 mile by 2 miles! :lol

Sue, so sorry for all the bad news you have been getting lately. I almost have one square ready for you. I already have your address.

Thanks Brenda! You are awesome!!! :hug

I forgot to mention that she's also a breast cancer survivor, now this! :(

Sue, do you still need squares? I picked up a ball of Peaches and Creme in strawberry cream at WalMart, it was all I could find that fit the colors you want.

Yes I do Jenny! That color will be great!!! Thank you! :hug

Thanks Dusti! You're such a doll! Mailing after the 4th is fine. I imagine it will be a couple weeks before I get enough squares to make it.

When we were in Key West I managed to find 2 yarn shops. Not an easy task on an island that's 1 mile by 2 miles! :lol

"Where there is a will there is a way," right? :wink

:check yarn store found

:check cotton purchased

:check 2 squares made

:rememberneed to find open Post Office as we head across MI

I will be in touch. :hug

"Where there is a will there is a way," right? :wink

:check yarn store found

:check cotton purchased

:check 2 squares made

:rememberneed to find open Post Office as we head across MI

I will be in touch. :hug

You rock! :clap

Sue

The only colors I have in peaches and creme is ecru or white

will either of those colors work. If they will I will make you a square.

I am not feeling good enough to go shopping right now

Sue

The only colors I have in peaches and creme is ecru or white

will either of those colors work. If they will I will make you a square.

I am not feeling good enough to go shopping right now

Ecru would work since that's the color I'm using for the edging! Thanks Evelyn and feel better! :hug

Sue,

I was out running errands and stopped in both ACMoore and Michaels and the only cotton I could fine was Sugar and Creme in Strawberry . Would this be ok? Its color 00144 http://www.sugarncream.com/product.php?LGC=sugarncream&SPP=999

Yes, that will be perfect! Thanks Joanne! :hug

The square is done and ready for mailing- I'll stop at the PO on my way to work Tuesday and mail it.

Hugs!

Thanks Joanne! :hug

I'm all over it if you still need help!!!

:heart

:mug

Yes, please! :hug

Archived