a great book of borders

Afghaniac

Just when I thought I was cured of ordering new crochet books, I bought "Around the Corner,"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1603425381/ref=oss_product

I have no connection with the author, publisher, or seller, but I have to say that this book is beautiful. And it's just what I've been looking for: a range of borders from tailored to fru-fru that I can use to make afghans really special, since I'm often looking to substitute a better border for whatever the pattern calls for. This edging book is the best of the lot, IMHO.

I just added that to my Amazon Wish List. Nice looking book.

I have a couple of others that she did, one is for purses and one is for ponchos, capes, and shrugs. Both are nice books.

i just got it too and i agree it's great. I love the fact that some of the borders are more tailored. Edie's last book, Beyond the Square (different shape motifs) is also great. i just really love the colors used and the style of the books:hook

i just got it too and i agree it's great. I love the fact that some of the borders are more tailored. Edie's last book, Beyond the Square (different shape motifs) is also great. i just really love the colors used and the style of the books:hook

None of the other books I have on edgings have much of a selection of tailored borders especially suitable for boys' blankets. The ones in this book are, I think, really inventive. And I really like the page layout and the luscious yarn colors.

I know I will never be cured of buying crochet books, I will fight any attempts for that, LOL.

I also have that book and Beyond the Square also. I love the different borders that can go on anything. Leisure Arts also has two books with crocheted borders. I have 50 Crocheted Afghan Borderes and now am looking for the second one 50 more Crocheted Afghan Borders.

What can I say except my name is LI Roe and I am a crochet bookaholic.

LI Roe

one great thing about Around the Corner and Beyond the Square is the wealth of visual information---really clear photos and stitch diagrams!!:c9 as well as written patterns. and both books have good general info sections that cover a lot of specifics to help w/ the patterns, and even creating your own.

I'm glad I'm hearing this as I ordered the book last week and I'm waiting for it to come in. Nice to know I picked a good one.

I will also never be cured of buying crochet books.:lol

Wow, I just received it when I got home from work last night and I sat and looked through it all night. I love all the borders, can't wait to try some of them out.

One of the greatest things about the ville is all the authors here that are always so willing to lend a helping hand. Thank you Edie.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received the Borders book and the Motif book by Edie (I was so tickled to see her post here!). They are really lovely books.

I used a border from the book to make a modesty panel for my DD's favorite shirt. She is a little larger and when we buy larger shirts, they are too low cut for her age. So, she picked an edge and I made a panel and sewed it into the neck of the shirt. It came out lovely.

I may have to get this, but have a question. My book of various squares has a chapter on borders, but they are all done separately then sewn on. Putting the squares together is my least favorite part of a project - I don't want to have to sew the border on, too! Are these borders crocheted directly onto your project?

I just received the Borders book and the Motif book by Edie (I was so tickled to see her post here!). They are really lovely books.

I used a border from the book to make a modesty panel for my DD's favorite shirt. She is a little larger and when we buy larger shirts, they are too low cut for her age. So, she picked an edge and I made a panel and sewed it into the neck of the shirt. It came out lovely.

What a terrific idea. I am not generously endowed, but I too find necklines often have too much plunge, so I think I'll try your idea. I had fiddled with edgings for the entire neckline where you have to punch holes around it to crochet it in, but hadn't even thought to just sew a panel into the front. Very boutiquey!:clap

What a terrific idea. I am not generously endowed, but I too find necklines often have too much plunge, so I think I'll try your idea. I had fiddled with edgings for the entire neckline where you have to punch holes around it to crochet it in, but hadn't even thought to just sew a panel into the front. Very boutiquey!:clap

If I were making it for me, I would just leave ties on it to tie it to my bra straps. Just imagine a large triangle with ties at the top, fasten it to your bra (maye add snaps or velcro) and that way you have a panel that you can wear with any shirt.

I used Border #132 for this panel, but I used Bamboo yarn which was hard to work with so it didn't come out as nice as the swatch I did with acrylic. But the bamboo is softer and will feel better on her chest.

post-40006-135897550827_thumb.jpg

I used Border #132 for this panel, but I used Bamboo yarn which was hard to work with so it didn't come out as nice as the swatch I did with acrylic. But the bamboo is softer and will feel better on her chest.

Thanks for posting the photo. It looks very pretty. I've never worked with Bamboo, and it's interesting to note that it wasn't easy to work with.

If I were making it for me, I would just leave ties on it to tie it to my bra straps. Just imagine a large triangle with ties at the top, fasten it to your bra (maye add snaps or velcro) and that way you have a panel that you can wear with any shirt.

Good idea. I've been thinking about #10 thread. I'm not a threadie, but I can tolerate #10 in small doses.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow - just went and looked at this on Amazon - now on my wishlist too!

I may have to get this, but have a question. My book of various squares has a chapter on borders, but they are all done separately then sewn on. Putting the squares together is my least favorite part of a project - I don't want to have to sew the border on, too! Are these borders crocheted directly onto your project?

they are all designed to be crocheted directly on:hook

I think this looks great. I never thought of that.

Went searching on ebay and bid on this book. Just won it for $7.49 and $4 S&H. I'm so thrilled and can't wait for it to get here!

Won this book on ebay and just received it yesterday. LOVE it! Really explains how to work out borders on just about anything. I'm going to love using this and the borders in it are fantastic! Going to Hobby Lobby today to get Beyond The Square!

Archived