ShopCaron.com - Mill End One Pound Bag

~Suz~

Has anyone ever ordered this item?

Is it worth the exorbitant shipping charges?

Thanks for your input,

~Suzanne~

-------------------------------------------------------------

ShopCaron.com

Mill End One Pound Bag Price: $3.49

Item #: 2000-T100

Description:

Do you need lots of yarn at a great price for a knit or crochet group, scout troop or charity guild? Are you flexible about the color? One Pound Mill End Bags are the answer! Each bag contains one full pound (16 oz.) of premium 100% acrylic yarn. Plus, all yarn is machine washable and dryable.

And the $3.49 ShopCaron.com price can't be beat.

Even better, you save when you or your group buys in quantity–each bag is only $2.99 when you buy 24 bags or more! That's a savings of $12.00 when you buy 24 bags. (Note: Quantity price will be reflected when your shopping cart contains 24 or more bags.)

IMPORTANT ORDERING INFO: There is no choice of colors for this item. Bags are chosen randomly at the time your order is processed. Bags pictured are only to show a sample of the product you will receive. Colors and yarn types may vary from those pictured. Skein sizes and quantities will vary from bag to bag but each bag contains one pound of yarn.

I went through the "calculating shipping charges" page and it told me that the cheapest shipping for me would be $6.85. Add on the $3.49 for the actual bag of yarn...that's nearly $10 for a pound of yarn that you don't get a choice of color on! You can buy a skein of Caron One Pound at JoAnn (or whatever craft store you frequent) using a 40% off coupon or buying it when it's on sale for $5.99 and it would be a much better deal.

I have ordered from them multiple times in quantities of 5 or more bags at a time with and without a yarn order. I do not mind not having a color choice as this is yarn for my 6 x 9 rectangles for HAP and other charity projects. Only on one shipment did I get three bags of the same color.

Thanks MandyMae for taking the time to check out this “deal”. Unfortunately, this is not my kind of bargain either. Too bad they charge so darn much for shipping. Not even a break on shipping if you buy over $50-$100 worth.

I am constantly searching for yarn sales to support a local charity group which makes items (knit & crochet/sew) for the patients at the Loma Linda Veteran’s Hospital. I’m not picky with the color choice.

This is a wonderful web-site with lots of resources and creative members. I’ll keep watching for any really good deals on yarn sales that anyone finds & shares.

~Suzanne~

Thanks MandyMae for taking the time to check out this “deal”. Unfortunately, this is not my kind of bargain either. Too bad they charge so darn much for shipping. Not even a break on shipping if you buy over $50-$100 worth.

I am constantly searching for yarn sales to support a local charity group which makes items (knit & crochet/sew) for the patients at the Loma Linda Veteran’s Hospital. I’m not picky with the color choice.

This is a wonderful web-site with lots of resources and creative members. I’ll keep watching for any really good deals on yarn sales that anyone finds & shares.

~Suzanne~

If it weren't for the shipping costs, it'd be a fabulous deal!

• 3 months later...

Ouch... those shipping costs are rough!

I, personally, love the mill end bags that I get at AC Moore.... 1lb of some great colors... for $7 and then I always have my 40-50% coupon to go with it. They even have cotton bags! I broke my own rule and bought cotton bags in a real pretty ombre knowing that all the yarn was for one project. I usually will not buy an ombre unless I can match dye lots. It will not be a big deal for this project... and the cotton bags were only $5.99!

Don't know if anybody's still interested, but I saw a bunch of these at my local Big Lots for like $6.99. The yarn inside was totally unmarked, and none of the packs had more than two similar skeins out of four.

Was it the Caron yarn? Was it by the rest of the craft stuff? Ours only has 3oz ones that are really thin.

Just thought I'd add my :2c to this conversation. I purchased the mill ends a while back and have been itching to order some more. Although you don't get choice of color or yarn, I was not a bit disappointed with anything that I received. It was an even mixture of simply soft and caron one pound. I've used almost all of it for gifts and charity crochet.

I admit the shipping charges do seem a bit high, but if you average it out over a large purchase it's really not so bad. Maybe you could share with a friend like I did to make it more affordable.

I blogged about my purchase when I first received it. If you'd like to see pics of what I got you can look here: http://dishclothdiaries.blogspot.com/2009/09/move-over-ac-moore.html

I just ordered 10 bags, the only place I have to shop around here is WM. I paid a little extra for the 2-5 ups shipping, 2 of my BIL's work there as well as the guy I babysit for(at UPS) I figured it was a bit cheaper then shopping a SMiley's

Archived