Snowflake Afghan

Gardener

Gorgeous afghan! I love the colors together. You must feel such relief at finally finishing this! I always do when I get to something I've put aside for ages. In fact.... I have several projects right now that need just the basic finishing. One purse my DD is waiting to embellish for me. Maybe this will inspire me :>)

Well, I have to tell you that after being inspired by your photo, I dropped what I planned to work on tonight and made two of the snowflake hexagon motifs. They are so pretty -- and fun to make. Someone mentioned ends to weave in, but actually compared to many motif afghans, there isn't much of that on this one.

Well, I have to tell you that after being inspired by your photo, I dropped what I planned to work on tonight and made two of the snowflake hexagon motifs. They are so pretty -- and fun to make. Someone mentioned ends to weave in, but actually compared to many motif afghans, there isn't much of that on this one.

I'm glad you were inspired, and I'm looking forward to seeing your afghan. I worked over the ends as I crocheted, and I thought the motifs worked up pretty quickly. (yes I know it took me four years to actually finish the afghan, but it was the sewing together that got me!)

Thanks to everyone for the nice things said about the afghan. :hug

I am really happy with it, now that it's finally finished, (for a long time, I just assumed that it wouldn't ever be finished!)

Your afghan was well worth the wait, it is beautiful! I have one of "those" afghans, it's an afghan for me so it's a project I pull out when there isn't another project in the works. I am making an afghan in our teams football colors using "Bobby's Square". I am making 30 twelve inch squares, 10 purple, 10 black and 10 white. Trimming each square in gold and then trimming the whole afghan with one row of gold. With the white squares I am putting a football in the middle of each square. GO RAVENS!

Bobby's Square

It took me four years to finish this afghan. I started this as part of a CAL back in 2006. I used Bernat yarn, and made only 46 motifs, rather than the 59 the pattern called for.

Wow, Cindy! :h5 Kudos to you for having plowed through all of those wonderful snowflakes! - Beautifully done!

I have admired this pattern for a long time and your showing has rekindled my wish to take it on! Thank you for sharing.

I am really happy with it, now that it's finally finished, (for a long time, I just assumed that it wouldn't ever be finished!)

Never say never! I started an afghan before I reentered the job market, then picked it up and finished it when I retired about 20 years later. In another instance, I had crocheted more than 200 tiny hexagons that lay in a basket for 3 or 4 years before I finally picked them back up, wove in all those multicolored ends and sewed them together into an afghan. I think that experience cured me of the dread of sewing pieces together, and now I don't mind it at all, but these days I do weave in ends as I go along. Right now I have a star quilt afghan all done but for sewing on the edging triangles, and have all the motifs crocheted for an Irish crochet type of throw sitting ready to be assembled (my excuse there is that I think it's going to look too "hole-ly."

Those doggone snowflakes are addicting. I had some leftover Caron Pounder in white and midnight blue, and now I've already done about 10 of them and need to go and buy more yarn. I have to say that I may never have started it until I saw your photo, which shows the afghan at its prettiest. Trouble is, I'm supposed to be working on other things I've promised.

I'm so glad you got such wonderful feedback! And look how many people you inspired!

Thanks for pointing me to the picture. I'm glad I got to see it. I agree with others... well worth the wait!

On a related note, on almost every motif project I do now, I figure out a way to crochet the motifs together as I go so I don't have to do the sewing. And I'm with you. I weave in ends as I go. I can't stand having ends showing while I'm working on a project!

Your afghan is beautiful. I just finished mine last Christmas. It took me two years. This afghan is beautiful, but not the easiest I have ever done. Congrats on finishing it.

Archived