settler

hello from inverness scotland

my name is shirley i have been crocheting for nearly 30 years and hopefully can turn my hands to most things the difference between what you call the stitches and the british call them is difficult sometimes but i go over the pattern and rewrite it out our way i have 3 grown up children and a wonderful husband my sons have left home but my daughter is still with us she has tenosyvonitious in both arms and crocheting makes it worse which is a pity cause she used to enjoy it

i live in the highlands of scotland but love to holiday in florida we are going again on the 9th september our sixth time cant wait

my name is shirley i have been crocheting for nearly 30 years and hopefully can turn my hands to most things the difference between what you call the stitches and the british call them is difficult sometimes but i go over the pattern and rewrite it out our way i have 3 grown up children and a wonderful husband my sons have left home but my daughter is still with us she has tenosyvonitious in both arms and crocheting makes it worse which is a pity cause she used to enjoy it

i live in the highlands of scotland but love to holiday in florida we are going again on the 9th september our sixth time cant wait

:welcome to Crochetville, Shirley! When I read that you are in Inverness, I about broke my wrist just to get my mouse to get into this post! How is the weather there? I have always dreamed of a lovely trip to the Highlands ever since reading MacBeth. When I was a senior in highschool, I had to write a term paper about where I would be in 10 years. I wrote that I was going to be an orthopedic surgeon practicing in Inverness...and since we just finished reading MacBeth, I was smitten with the idea. Now that I bored you half to death, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I had a client who had that in her right arm. (I am a home health nurse---a certified nursing assistant, not a surgeon:sigh ) Well, I hope you enjoy your holiday. We all look forward to seeing you around here more, Shirley. We are all one big happy family here:hug

:waving Welcome to the board! I hope you find lots of inspiration here! :hook

:frog

Hi, Shirley! Welcome to Crochetville! :cheer

:welcome from NY. Glad to have you join us.

hi Shirley, welcome to Crochetville. Have fun.

Welcome from India! I see Loch Ness, and Scotch, and Tartan....Any other cliches? :think

Welcome Shirley from Oregon:cheer

Mary

Hi and :welcome:D

thank you all

first to answer jakesmum we go to orlando for a week and then siesta key for a week then back to orlando for last week have been to key west didnt care for it much but everybody raves about it there are much nicer palces in florida i think but thats just my opinon we have been to pompanno beach and coco beach any ideas where it is better will be appreciated .swapnae i see beautiful saris some of them wish i could wear them

Well, it depends on what you like to do here. . .we are partial to what's in our own back yard, Sanibel Island. One of the best shelling beaches in the world.

http://www.sanibel-captiva.org/

Siesta Key is beautiful, though!

What sort of things do you like to do while you are here?

thank you all

first to answer jakesmum we go to orlando for a week and then siesta key for a week then back to orlando for last week have been to key west didnt care for it much but everybody raves about it there are much nicer palces in florida i think but thats just my opinon we have been to pompanno beach and coco beach any ideas where it is better will be appreciated .swapnae i see beautiful saris some of them wish i could wear them

Welcome to Crochetville! I live about an hour from Orlando, not far from Cocoa Beach. I've always wanted to go to Scotland, my great grandmother was Scottish (a MacDonald lol) and I guess I've inherited a lot of it. Oh well enough jabbering on my part. See you around C'ville!

Bonjour Shriley!! :waving Welcome to Crochetville from a former Michigander now living across the channel in brussels belgium! Scotland has been on my place to visit list for 3 years now....one of these days I will make it over there!

Even my 4 year old nephew is nuts about Scotland - at his pre-school class he draws pictures of the Loch Ness Monster....they actually look like some "real" ones that I've seen floating around the internet! :lol

Hello and Welcome!!!

Hi Shirley,

Welcome to Crochetville

Hi from the west coast of Florida.

As for Beaches, don't forget Fort Desoto, it is considered the #1 beach in the nation.

http://www.visitflorida.com/cms/index.php/id=162

Of course, Florida is one big Beach.

Enjoy yourself both here in the forum and in Florida.:hook