child sizes martha stewart coming home poncho?

ducky73

Question

might anybody know of somewhere i can get a crocheted pattern for the martha stewart coming home poncho in child sizes? ive saw the one for knit but I CANT KNIT to save myself!

7 answers to this question

thank you katie! i dont know why i didnt see that the other day when i was there looking!:crocheting

thank you katie! i dont know why i didnt see that the other day when i was there looking!:crocheting

You're welcome, and by the way, Welcome to the Ville!

:cheerI was making a pattern like the Martha Poncho about 40 years ago and have it written out if you would like it.

You can choose to add the scallop pattern or not.

PM me if you would like it.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

Childs Poncho Pattern.

By Colleen Rose.

New Zealand.

8ply yarn, 4mm Crochet hook.

Abbreviations: CH-Chain, DC-Double Crochet (US), SP-Space,

Rep-Repeat, SS-Slip Stitch

Make 66 CH and join with a SS to form a ring, being careful not to twist the chain.

Foundation Row: CH3 (to stand as 1DC) 1DC into each of the next 2CH, * CH1, 1DC into the next 3DC,* Repeat * to * to the end of the round, CH1, SS into top of CH3. (22 groups of 3DC.)

Next Row: SS into next 2DC and into CH1 SP. CH3, 2DC into same place, *CH1, 3DC into next SP,* Rep * to * 4 times more, CH1, (3DC, CH2, 3DC) all into next SP, * CH1, 3DC into next SP,)* Rep * to * 9 times more, CH1, (3DC, CH1,3DC) all into the next SP, *CH1, 3DC into next SP,* Rep * to * 3 times more, CH1 Join as before.

This row forms the pattern.

Work rows as set, with the increases as before and with the extra group on each side, as happens when making Granny Squares, to the desired size.

Remember, the join is on the shoulder seam.

You will notice the start of the row is always the same because of the joining and SS.

You can go on to the scallop pattern from here.

Scallop for Poncho.

Because I do not know how many stitches you will have on the bottom of your Poncho, I will suggest you experiment a bit to work out how many stitches to skip between scallops on the first round. The less you miss, the frillier it will be, the more you skip, the flatter it will be.

I will write it as it is on the piece I did and call it a stitch you are missing rather than a SC or DC.

You could work a row of SC onto the edge and work out how many you need on each half of the poncho to get the scallops to fit.

Round 1:

1 SC into next 3 STS, *skip 2 STS, into next ST work 1DC, 1CH 5 times, 1DC into same place, skip next 2 STS, 1SC into next 7 STS,* Repeat * to * to last 4 sts, 1SC into each of the last 4 STS. Join with a slip stitch. Do not turn. Make sure the scallops are even on the points.

(I did mine on Granny Stitch and each repeat fits over 3 groups of 3DCs)

Round 2:

1 CH, *skip 2 SC, (1DC into top of DC, 2 DC into 1CH space) 5 times, 1 DC into next DC, skip 2 SC, 1 SC into next SC * Repeat *to* to end of the round. Join with a slip stitch.

I hope this is helpful. I will keep it on file so if there is any problem, just yell and I will check it out for you.

Hope it is OK to post this here.

I think it is already posted in Patterns but I had trouble trying to find it.

This pattern may be used to make items to give away or to sell but please do not sell the pattern, pass it on for free.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

might anybody know of somewhere i can get a crocheted pattern for the martha stewart coming home poncho in child sizes? ive saw the one for knit but I CANT KNIT to save myself!

I made these ponchos for my granddaughters. I love the pattern! It is fun and works up really fast. There are two versions of the poncho on the Lion Brand site. One is for the Homespun yarn and the other is for regular worsted weight. I just used good old RHSS and the girls love them. They will stand up to frequent washings. You can see pictures of them on my Ravelry projects page: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/FlDebra I actually modified both of them to get the sizes I needed but it is such a simple pattern it is easy to make bigger or smaller. I made matching hats too.

Archived