Square Bear Square 8"h x 8"w inches (3 images)

champygirl

Please send me a pm if you find any errors. :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Square Bear Square

post-11825-13589754327_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl June 22, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight Yarn in a Bear color, Background color and a small amount of black
Size I hook (5.50mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends and embroider face)

Finish Size: 8”h x 8”w inches

Different Stitches:

Treble Crochet (TC)- Yarn over 2 times, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, pull up a loop, [yarn over, draw thru 2 loops] Do this 3 times.

Back Back Loop (BBL)-

post-11825-135897543274_thumb.jpg

Directions:

Row 1: With Bear color ch11 (be careful not to chain tightly), 1 sc in 2nd chain from hook, 1 sc in each of the next 9 chains, ch1, and turn.
(10sc)

Row 2: 1 sc in each of the 10 sts, ch1, and turn.
(10sc)

Rows 3-10: Repeat Row 2 for Rows 3 thru 10.
(10sc)

Note: Row 11 is worked more in a Rnd work sc into each sc, row ends and free loops from other side of starting chain.

Row 11: 1 sc in each of the next 9 sts, 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 9 row ends, 1 sc in each of the next 10 free loops (from starting chain), 1 sc in each of the next 10 row ends, join with sl st to front loop of first st.
(40sc)

Note: Row 12 is also worked more in a rnd. Work all of Row 12 in front loops only.

Row 12: 6 dc in front loop of next st, sl st in front loop of next st, 1 sc in front loop of each of the next 4 sts, sl st in front loop of next st, 6 dc in front loop of next st, sl st in front loop of next st, sl st in front loop of next st, 1 sc in front loop of each of the next 3 sts, sl st in front loop of next st, ch3, 1 TC in same front loop, 2 TC in front loop of next st, 1 TC in front loop of next st, ch3, sl st in same front loop, 1 sc in front loop of each of the next 3 sts, sl st in front loop of next st, ch3, 1 TC in same front loop, 2 TC in front loop of next st, 1 TC in front loop of next st, ch3, sl st in front loop of next st, 1 sc in front loop of each of the next 4 sts, sl st in front loop of next st, ch3, 1 TC in same front loop, 2 TC in front loop of next st, 1 TC in front loop of next st, ch3, sl st in same front loop, 1 sc in front loop of each of the next 4 sts, sl st in front loop of next st, ch3, 1 TC in same front loop, 2 TC in front loop of next st, 1 TC in front loop of next st, ch3, sl st in same front loop, 1 sc in front loop of each of the next 3 sts, join with sl st to joining sl st of Row 11.
(12dc, 21sc, 12 sl st, 16 TC) (Or 2 ears, 2 arms, 2 legs)

Finish off and weave in ends.

Note: Now you’re going to start the Background part. The first Rnd you’re working in the back loops (on Row 11) left free from working Row 12 in front loops only.

Rnd 1: Join Background color with sl st to free back loop of last st on Row 11, ch6, 2 dc in free back loop of first st of Row 11, [1 dc in each of the next 8 free back loops, 2 dc in next free back loop, ch3, 2 dc in next free back loop] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 8 free back loops, 1 dc in same back loop as joining sl st, join with sl st to 3rd chain of beginning ch6.
(48dc, 4-ch3 spaces) (Beginning ch6 counts as dc and ch3)

Note: On Rnd 2 you’re joining the ears to the Background part of square to keep the ears from curling up. You’ll do this by inserting hook in specified Back Back Loop (BBL) on ear before inserting hook in specified stitch of Rnd 1. Yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw thru both loops on hook.

Rnd 2: Ch1, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in next st also going thru BBL of 3rd dc on first ear, 1 sc in next st also going thru BBL of 4th dc on first ear, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, 1 sc in next st also going thru BBL of 3rd dc on second ear, 1 sc in next st also going thru BBL of 4th dc on second ear, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space, [1 sc in each of the next 12 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 2 times, 1 sc in each of the next 11 sts, 1 sc in joining sl st of Rnd 1, join with sl st to first sc.
(64sc, 4-ch2 spaces)

Note: On Rnd 3 you’re joining the arms and legs to the Background part of square to keep them from curling up. You’ll do this by yarning over, insert hook in specified TC on arm before inserting hook in specified st of Rnd 2, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw thru 2 loops, yarn over, draw thru last 2 loops.

Rnd 3: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 1 dc in next st, (1 dc, ch3, 1 dc) all in next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 16 sts, (1 dc, ch3, 1 dc) all in next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, 1 dc in next st also going thru first TC on first arm, [1 dc in next st also going thru next TC on first arm] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, (1 dc, ch3, 1 dc) all in next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in next st also going thru first TC on first leg, [1 dc in next st also going thru next TC on first leg] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 dc in next st also going thru first TC on second leg, [1 dc in next st also going thru next TC on second leg] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (1 dc, ch3, 1 dc) all in next ch2 space, 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, 1 dc in next st also going thru first TC on second arm, [1 dc in next st also going thru next TC on second arm] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 3 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(72dc, 4-ch3 spaces) (Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Rnd 4: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, [1 dc in each of the next 18 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, 1 dc in each of the next 15 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(88dc, 4-ch3 spaces) (Beginning ch2 does not count as dc)

Rnd 5: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space, [1 sc in each of the next 22 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, 1 sc in each of the next 17 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(104sc, 4-ch2 spaces)

Finish off and weave in ends.

With black yarn embroider face.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl June 22, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897543264_thumb.jpg

I made one last night... My feeble mind got a liltte confused but i managed to make one lol.. i kinda frogged the directions of the background but the one i made came out cute

it's going out to someone on the Friendship ghan square request list!.. who? well that is a suprise lol

post-31502-135897543839_thumb.jpg

AWESOME!

I have a few of your patterns for animal squares; just how many different ones are there? :think I may have to do a search to find them all. They would make a wonderful afghan for a toddler. Thanks for sharing them with us.

:elle:turtle

Hi Ameila/Campygirl, I love the bear square. I'm going to make one now. I love bears and dolls and I'm not a kid. Actually, I'm older and still love them. Thank you for posting this. Eileen :crocheting

Archived