UPDATE - Anyone ordered from Crochet Garden recently?

Finnbar

I'm starting to get a little aggravated. I placed an order for a couple patterns two days ago and paid with my credit card via pay pal. The order went through and I received a paid invoice and order confirmation. My bank even paid the pay pal charge, but to someone called "Adrian" in San Jose, CA. I've ordered from CG before with no problems.

Now I can't get my PDF patterns. They don't show up in my account and I haven't received an email with them. In fact, I have not received any answer from the site to my two emails sent to them - attention support and attention designer. I can't find a phone number anywhere on the site to call.

I can't even send an overnight via snail mail 'cause the address listed goes to a PO Box.

Any suggestions on what to do now? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE - Just as a yuk, I tried logging into the CG account using the email addy I use for PayPal. It worked, got me in and presto zappo there were my patterns! Yippee! Paypal must have given CG the other email addy. Thanks everyone. I hated to think a site I love so much was messed up.

I'm starting to get a little aggravated. I placed an order for a couple patterns two days ago and paid with my credit card via pay pal. The order went through and I received a paid invoice and order confirmation. My bank even paid the pay pal charge, but to someone called "Adrian" in San Jose, CA. I've ordered from CG before with no problems.

Now I can't get my PDF patterns. They don't show up in my account and I haven't received an email with them. In fact, I have not received any answer from the site to my two emails sent to them - attention support and attention designer. I can't find a phone number anywhere on the site to call.

I can't even send an overnight via snail mail 'cause the address listed goes to a PO Box.

First make sure your email account is accepting emails with pdf files. I have had to set up a new account for stuff like this as my yahoo email accounts won't accept files..well at least most of the time. Sometimes it does. VERY frustrating for me.

Hope you get your patterns soon..

Ive never had any problems with Crochet Garden, so I'd just wait a day or two and give them a chance to get to the mail, or resend the mail. It's only been 2 days maybe they are on vacation etc.

UPDATE - Just as a yuk, I tried logging into the CG account using the email addy I use for PayPal. It worked, got me in and presto zappo there were my patterns! Yippee! Paypal must have given CG the other email addy. Thanks everyone. I hated to think a site I love so much was messed up.

Hello Finnbar :)

I am Lisa, owner and designer of the Crochet Garden. I am so sorry you have had issues with receiving your patterns! I know how frustrating that can be.

I am also concerned that you say you have received no reply. Since it is a business, I have no spam blockers etc. on so that I do not miss a single email. When you get a moment, can you please forward me editor@crochetgarden.com the emails you had sent? I really need to find them, as I am very adamant about having excellent and prompt customer service. Thus, if there is a glitch somewhere, I need to figure it out right away.

I would also contact PayPal asap, and explain to them the name on your invoice. That should not be happening at all.

Also, I would like to explain how accounts at the Crochet Garden work. When you make an account, the email address that you sign up with is the one that is associated with your account and the password you choose. When you pay with PayPal, there are no changes made to your account.

Patterns at the Crochet Garden are stored within your account. This is done for a few reasons... One is for security purposes, email being intercepted, etc. Also, should your computer ever crash or you forget where you saved your pattern, you can log back into your account and download the pattern again. It is also nice, in that one does not have to wait for an email, wondering if it bounced or if it is in the trash/spam folder. Also, this deals with cases where an inbox is not big enough to receive it, or if your email company has restrictions on emails with attachments.

You should have been redirected immediately after paying back to the site to download your pattern. Sometimes though a window closed prematurely or something of the like can halt this process. All you need ever need to do is log back into your account, and navigate to your account history. Your patterns will be there waiting for you!

When you pay with PayPal, that is independent of your account at the Crochet Garden. The login for the Crochet Garden remains the same, regardless of the email address associated with PayPal, credit cards, etc. I hope this makes some sense.

Again I am truly sorry for all of the frustration you have had! I definitely want everyone's experience to be a good one. If you can please PM me your order number or email address so that I can look up your account and make sure everything is as it should be.

Anytime you have any questions, feel free to PM me here too :) If you have any other questions, or if anyone else has any, ask away - as I am always more than happy to answer any questions, provide patterns support, or help in any way that is needed.

Lisa :)

P.S. A lot of my family lives in Crystal Lake (I was just there last weekend) and I have a grandmother in Oakwood Hills - so hello neighbor! :)

Thanks for the post. As I said in my pm to you, it could have been me (although I highly doubt it :rolleyes ) but I was more concerned it had something to do with PayPal and my bank info. Seems like I'm wrong on at least one count. Sorry PayPal.

I'm looking forward to making the Winter Goddess scarfs as Christmas gifts this year for all my female relatives and some special friends. I have been making an afghan as a keepsake for each of my nieces and nephews for the past year. The Color Splash afghan will be fun for my 25 year old niece. Of course I'll be enlarging it.

I have ordered from you before and the patterns are beautiful for special gifts. They are clear, easy to understand and I really appreciate the author's notes info you put in the side margins of the patterns.

Two of your Afghans of the Sandman went to a friend of my Sis's in Crystal Lake that lost her daughter (a senior in high school) in a car crash several years ago. Last year she gave birth to twin boys. My sister requested I make some blankies and I made yours. They both loved them!

Thank you again for the patterns and response. Pm me next time you're in Crystal Lake. I'd love to meet you.

Archived