June Charity CAL 6/24 - 6/29

nicolep

I decided to try to clear my work basket jobs first this weekend! :cheerSo today I took one of my two batches of 24 scrap wool granny squares and crocheted them together. I had the blanket all planned on paper so it was quick crocheting them together and weaving in the ends. :clapTomorrow I need to add a couple of rows of bordering and then an edging and the blanket will be finished! :hookThen if I can face it I have another batch of 24 scrap wool granny squares waiting to be put together into another blanket....:eek I am thinking if I could get both these blankets finished then I can make more scrap granny squares without the guilt of adding to more WIP charity projects!?:lol It is too dark tonight but I will snap the assembled blanket tomorrow morning!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Trisha and way to go Lindsay and Linda!! :woo

I've been completely charity unproductive tonight. :blush Some host I am. I am testing a pattern right now and needed to get some work done on it tonight. I will somehow manage to get some charity work done this weekend. I really, really will!

Welcome, Trisha and way to go Lindsay and Linda!! :woo

I've been completely charity unproductive tonight. :blush Some host I am. I am testing a pattern right now and needed to get some work done on it tonight. I will somehow manage to get some charity work done this weekend. I really, really will!

Thanks Nicole...no worries you still have 5 days and it must be way cool to be a pattern tester!:D I got a picture of my blanket but I don't like how I planned the squares and put it together :eek(grumpy morning:angry) But it is getting bordered and edged for charity anyway... someone can use it to keep war! Thank God I stitched all the ends in and can't take it apart without a major production!!!:devil

Good Morning all!

I got 2 dishcloths done last night and am going to finish up the 2 WIP shawls for the Hospice House today!

I ran out of yarn for one shawl and had to run to Michaels yesterday. (oh darn! I had to go get lost in the yarn for 40 mins...I know, who'd want to have to do that!:lol )

Oh...is it ok if I put pics of my finished stuff on my blog page so you can see them for totals?

Have a blessed and productive day all!

Breeny

Thanks Nicole...no worries you still have 5 days and it must be way cool to be a pattern tester!:D I got a picture of my blanket but I don't like how I planned the squares and put it together :eek(grumpy morning:angry) But it is getting bordered and edged for charity anyway... someone can use it to keep war! Thank God I stitched all the ends in and can't take it apart without a major production!!!:devil

I like the blanket! It's very pretty. :yes

Good Morning all!

I got 2 dishcloths done last night and am going to finish up the 2 WIP shawls for the Hospice House today!

I ran out of yarn for one shawl and had to run to Michaels yesterday. (oh darn! I had to go get lost in the yarn for 40 mins...I know, who'd want to have to do that!:lol )

Oh...is it ok if I put pics of my finished stuff on my blog page so you can see them for totals?

Have a blessed and productive day all!

Breeny

You're welcome to put pictures on your blog instead of directly on here. I keep track of totals by having participants post in big, bold letters at the end of the weekend. I'll ask for totals as a reminder.

Lindsay, I love the blanket. Your stuff is always cool. Way to pretty to use for war.

Sabrina, we love pictures any way you want to post them.

You're welcome to put pictures on your blog instead of directly on here. I keep track of totals by having participants post in big, bold letters at the end of the weekend. I'll ask for totals as a reminder.

Got cha! Just added the pics to the blog.

Lindsay, I love the blanket. Your stuff is always cool. Way to pretty to use for war.

Sabrina, we love pictures any way you want to post them.

:lol:lol:lol I guess I meant warm not war!!! Even my ugliest blankets don't need to be sacrificed to any kind of violence!:D

I finished assembling the first blanket with some bordering and and edging and started on the next batch of 24 squares needing assembling. This time I am putting them into batches of four and adding bordering (just for some variety. Here is a picture of today's work!:hook

Sabrina - I love your dishcloths. The color is great.

Lindsay - As usual, more beautiful work!

I'm working on comfortghan squares today. I completely forgot that I had promised three over two weeks ago. :blush I am going to figure out a way to get at least one kitty mat done though.

I just started another prayer shawl. It will go to a gal who's having some serious health problems, lots of tests but no answers yet.

Hi All, I am a bit behind. I have finished but one cat mat and a few toys so far. But alas, Netflix arrived today so maybe I'll get more done tonight!!

Sabrina, the dishcloths are very nice. I can't get three out of 1 ball, nor find it for $1 a ball! Lucky you!

Lindsay, well, I think the blanket looks different and better now that it has borders. We are always most critical of our own work. Someone will love it. Too funny about your typo!!

So, are you wondering why I am so slow this month? I am fostering 3 wee-ones. They are about 6 weeks old. This is Marshmallow, and he is trying to "help" me.

post-13802-135897544629_thumb.jpg

So cute. What am I to do??:cat

So, are you wondering why I am so slow this month? I am fostering 3 wee-ones. They are about 6 weeks old. This is Marshmallow, and he is trying to "help" me.

[ATTACH]22722[/ATTACH]

:lol Oh he is lovely no wonder you cannot crochet. I love your yarn jars is that to keep the wool from picking up lint or rolling around?

I got nothing done yesterday but I will hopefully get back to my hook later today!:hook

Denise - Marshmallow is so cute. What a sweetheart! I would have a hard time crocheting with that cutie running around.

I managed to get three comfortghan squares done yesterday. It's not much, but an accomplishment nonetheless since I've had serious motivation issues this weekend.

Denise - Marshmallow is so cute. What a sweetheart! I would have a hard time crocheting with that cutie running around.

I managed to get three comfortghan squares done yesterday. It's not much, but an accomplishment nonetheless since I've had serious motivation issues this weekend.

'Serious motivation issues' is a good way to put it Nicole :) I'm just dog tired and it is too warm:blush for me to be bothered doing much:D Still I got my 6 blanket sections bordered and the sections crocheted together today!:clap Tomorrow I can put a border/edging on it and then I might get a few squares made this weekend too!?:think Meantime I am off to space out and listen to an audio book for the evening!:c9

Well it looks like despite the motivational issues and the heat (it was 113 here yesterday), we all have some great accomplishments.

Yes, it's fun having the little ones around. We'll have these guys for almost two months before they go for adoption, so I'll cry like a baby when the time comes to take them back to the shelter.

Lindsay, the yarn jars come from Joanns (our big craft store here). The hole in the jar was too large. It was letting through clumps of yarn and knots, so I made the hole smaller. They are mostly for keeping the yarn in an easy to pull position, plus my cats can't pick them up and run off with them! They are very handy as the mats use 3 strands at once and they keep the yarn coming to me evenly.

Hello again,

Most of the yarn I use for my cat mats come from people who hear about what I am doing and donate leftover yarn to me. I am used to getting small bits and pieces that people can't use for larger projects. But this:

post-13802-135897544692_thumb.jpg

came in my last bag o yarn! The lady said she hasn't crocheted in more than 7 years and told me to tear the project up and use the yarn. I was going to attach the two rows she had done, but they seem way too large. So I am wondering if I should give the main piece to a nursing home as a shawl or wrap? And maybe I could put a few borders on the two extra pieces and make scarves? Maybe I should mail them to Lindsay!! Ideas?? :think

I'm here plugging along slowly. We are having some work done on the house tomorrow and have had to move a lot around and out of the garage. Have finished two small preemie 'ghans and am working on a full sized corner to corner baby 'ghan. Have my cherry red and white yarn ready to work on a scarf but Special Olympics but not sure if I'll get one started or not.

working away at my projects.....I have another 10oz and 3 squares I don't think I'll get it done though, I've to work about 12 hours today.

I got the second scrap blanket bordered and edged and started on squares.:cheer I am aiming on two batches of 9 squares that will be made into two pram blankets eventually...:crocheting

[ATTACH]22722[/ATTACH]

What a sweet little munchkin. I've got about 1/4 done on the back of the shawl. I'm going to switch to a scarf for a while now.

Archived