June Charity CAL 6/24 - 6/29

nicolep

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in, dh is flying off to Africa for a few weeks so I've got some extra time on my hands....My goal is a 3X4 granny afghan, and a small round ripple.....it'll give me an excuse to go to Joann's this weekend!

I'm in, too. And this time I can concentrate on charity items. My mom did like the quilt that encroached on May's charity time. :)

I've never done a CAL...can I join in? Do I just pick a project or do you tell what to do?

(yes, I'm such a newbie, sorry)

Hi, BreenyBeanie! :hi Welcome to the group! :welcome We all started out as newbies when we first joined. We're glad you found us. We pick a charity of our choice and make things for that charity in crochet, knitting, quilting or whatever. Some things we've made include preemie hats and/or preemie afghans for a local NICU, helmet warmers for the troops in Afghanistan, beds for cats and/or dogs in shelters, scarves for kids without parents, lapghans for people in nursing homes, etc. Any charity works and any item works as long as it's for charity.

Glad to have a CAL newbie along! I think I'm going to take a break from preemie items. My heart can't take anymore right now. I usually think of Xavier the entire time. It wears on me after awhile. So, I'm going to make kitty mats! I've wanted to do it since Denise showed her work.

Glad to have a CAL newbie along! I think I'm going to take a break from preemie items. My heart can't take anymore right now. I usually think of Xavier the entire time. It wears on me after awhile. So, I'm going to make kitty mats! I've wanted to do it since Denise showed her work.

:hug Give yourself a break Nicole then you will go back to your preemie stuff another month and not feel so sad. Meantieme the kitties will be chuffed to get some more mats made for them and with you and Denise making them there will be quite a total!:manyheart I don't know what I want to make this month??? Only three days to decide and get organised!!!

:thinkOK I had a look at my June List and I still have not made any small stuff for charity this month (tissue packet covers, small bags etc) I saw some great pictures on Flickr the other day for water bottle covers and I fancy trying one of them and if it works making some for a charity sale so these are things I could/should do over the weekend. I also have on the list a teddy bear themed blanket:eek I got great wool for a teddy... brown and tan and kind of lumpy very teddy bear like...:D but I don't know if I want to make a whole blanket during the weekend.:blush I have 2 WIP in my work basket 2 adult lap sized blankets made of scrap squares. The squares just need to be assembled and the blankets bordered which would be easy and relaxing:clap...or I might make scarves again or granny squares for scarves or just more scrap granny squares... I am not going to be able to decide tonight!:lol

Kind of fell off the wagon with unexpected guests and being out of town. Haven't had a hook in hand in almost two weeks. Hoping our CAL will give me a boost and get me back in the groove. Spent yesterday cleaning and reorganizing my kitchen, determined to downsize, kind of a kitchen stash busting.

I ran across another group looking for scarves. They are requesting scarves in RHSS cherry red and white for the Special Olympics participants next year. The scarves are to be 5" wide and 55" long. Almost any pattern you like in knit or crochet. I've decided to work on scarves for this group and the abuse shelter group this month. I went out yesterday and got the red and white yarn so I'm all set to go. :hook

Breeny, I love that you said you were going to "plunder" your yarn. I love that word!

Nicole, welcome to the world of kitty mats. They are fun to make because they are so easy. I have 3 foster babies right now and they just love them. I don't know the story of Xavier, but I can feel the sadness. This weekend you can just picture furry little faces mewing with happiness.

And Lindsay, your post made my head spin. Do you dream up projects in your sleep? I like those corner granny squares on your blog. When will I get time to try that??

Babypoohsmom - Oh there was much plundering and much happiness when I found some Homespun stash I had forgotten about. Just one more pile to add to the den around my chair. HA!

YEA!! :yay looks I have one more stop at Joann's tomorrow for cape cod and light blue and I am set for one wild hookin' weekend!

I bought 20oz of tan varigated for the second lapghan.....:think what to do?

Except for hiding the tails, I have now completed both of the scarves I started last month. I'm about to start a new one now. :hook Happy hooking everyone.

Except for hiding the tails, I have now completed both of the scarves I started last month. I'm about to start a new one now. :hook Happy hooking everyone.

:clap Excellent Linda two things finished already for our totals!:hook

Archived