Nylon handbag

Fanihi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hobby Lobby carries a nylon thread made by Omega under the trade name "Hilos La Espiga". It is exactly the same as the Coats and Clark but comes in many more colors, bright yellows, greens, pinks, etc. It also is 197 yards per spool instead of 150 yards for the Coats & Clark. I use it quite a bit and it is a great product.

You can also find this product on ebay.

EugeneClarence

:clap Great job on your bags Fanihi! I also have become addicted to nylon and made these bags some time ago-http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5487&highlight=nylon

I have made several more since then. It is hard on my hands so I can only work with it for about thirty minutes at a time, it just makes such darn good bags. I get my nylon cord at Hobby Lobby, they have lots of great colors. Here is a pattern I wrote for nylon-http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6367&highlight=nylon Oh, and here's a quick tip, to keep the ends from fraying, just hold the end over a candle flame for a few seconds to melt the nylon. You can also cut the cord this way just be careful not to burn yourself!

Danielle

• 4 years later...

Cute! I just discovered nylon too. Making a shoulder back for my daughter. Ran out of the color for the strap and ran out to get more, but my local Hobby RobMe was out. Mine is big enough to hold a folder or notebook.

Till tomorrow and another location! I love livin' in the city. Great bag, though. You do good work!

post-31790-135897462228_thumb.jpg

Great handbags, Fanihi!!! I really like both of your designs -Very well done! Thank you for sharing.

I made a purse out of nylon and while it was a bit hard on my fingers at first, I loved the end results, both the feel of it and the durability. I'm definitely going to do another in nylon once I find (or create) just the right pattern.

Very nice bags! I just finished my first bag made out of nylon and I have to agree that it's very hard on the hands (at least it was on mine). I do like how it turned out - just need to figure out how to make it a little less of a workout.

There's a great website that sells Omega nylon in several colors. It's called creativeyarnsource.com and the owner is a lady named Mona Modica. I haven't bought any of the nylon, but I have bought other types of yarn from her and the pricing and service are excellent.

Archived