Pocket bags

Fanihi

These are mesh bags that fold up into a little 5" or 4" size when not in use. I very loosely followed a pattern out of Terrific Totes and Carryalls. That pattern was for the flower bag. I decided to change it, so my husband would be willing to carry it too. :lol The bag is large enough to hold a crib sized blanket or really big beach towel folded up.

The decorative small bag is made out of embroidery thread(floss?)---I just had some on hand. Each side of the little bag takes approx. 3-4 skeins of regular embroidery floss. The inner mesh bag is #10 cotton thread.

I thought these made great alternatives to the plain eco-friendly bags people use for grocery shopping.

8405baga.jpg

8405bagb.jpg

8405bagc.jpg

Is the book "Terrific Totes and Carryalls' a book for people who sew? Is this pattern in crochet in that book? I think your adaptation is really wonderful.

EugeneClarence

Yes, it is a book for sewing various bags. There are two patterns for crochet bags. One is the foldable one that I made and the other is more of a backpack mesh type bag. I just like making bags--sewing, crocheting,...--it doesn't matter. :D

I have a really old booklet called "QuickTricks" by Coats & Clark #188. It has a mesh bag that is very plain, not colorful or beautiful as yours...this booklet is soooooo old that the last pattern in it is to knit Leper Bandages :eek Yes that's right I said Leper bandages.......:think I have no idea where the book came from but at least I can make the mesh bag if nothing else out of it!

I have a really old booklet called "QuickTricks" by Coats & Clark #188. It has a mesh bag that is very plain, not colorful or beautiful as yours...this booklet is soooooo old that the last pattern in it is to knit Leper Bandages :eek Yes that's right I said Leper bandages.......:think I have no idea where the book came from but at least I can make the mesh bag if nothing else out of it!

LOL I have that same pattern book that I got for a quarter at a thrift store! I have been debating whether or not to crochet that same bag you are talking about but putting my own touch to it. My dh knitted the dishcloth from the pattern in the book before he got too ill. I do like the ones that you made Fanihi!

Archived