midsummer night's shawl

jura2908

i completed this shawl during testing for lisa naskrent of www.crochetgarden.com the pattern is in the summer 2010 issue of interweave crochet.

i used soho on my own. i wish i had used a wool yarn. i love it! i am going to have to make another. i think it would be stunning in white lace for a wedding.

i know i will get a lot of use out of this one. i love to wrap them around like a scarf to ward off the too cold air my husband sets.:wcold

way to go lisa on getting the issue cover!

post-1189-13589754084_thumb.jpg

Oh WOW! That's gorgeous! I'm off to find my magazine to revisit that pattern now! I don't remember anything that pretty in it!!

GREAT work!! :cheer

ETA: Just looked it up on line and discovered I haven't even gotten that issue yet! :( Maybe tomorrow!!

it's really gorgeous! your work is beautiful:hook Lisa has certainly designed some outstanding things:hook

For those of us who love symbol diagrams, it's very cool that you can download the diagrams for the set-up rows and the border, essentially the whole shawl:hook http://crochetme.com/media/p/110971.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to make that one! I couldn't find the yarn I wanted locally, so I'll have to order it.

It is really on my list of things to do now.

What yarn did you use?

Wow!!! I love this! It's wonderful to see delicate crochet shawls that are really comparable to the wonderful knit ones. I think Kim Guzman started this trend. Shawls are one of my very fave things to make. I'd love to see the one you make in wool.

the yarn i used is called soho on my own. i got it from herrschners a few years ago. it is discontinued from what i can tell. i would not use it again. it is acrylic and i think a nice wool would be so much better. thank you all for taking the time to look and for the kind words. lisa is really getting me addicted to lace. now i just have to wait for the weather to cool down so people can wear the shawls.

Archived