Catching up... Toy drive decision

KristieMN

Good Afternoon all.

I am sorry I have been so scarce lately.

I have been dealing with some issues within my family.

First, let me say, my kids and husband are doing just fine. In fact, I have dropped one pill from Libbys day!

She is now down to 9 pills.

She goes in for another check up the end of June.

Unfortunately, there has been quite a bit of turmoil with my side of my family.

It has stressed me to a bad point. A very bad point.

I havent been very creative lately.

I havent designed a new pattern in forever.

Normally, at this point, I have all my patterns together for the toy drive.

I do not this year.

After MUCH thought... I have decided not to do the toy drive this year.

This is a heart breaking decision for me...one I have not taken likely.

I feel like I am letting everybody down.

I just cant get my head in the game at this time.

I fully intend on picking it up for next year...if not sooner.

I need to get myself back on order...and start the creative juices flowing again.

I am hoping towards the end of the year, to do a toy drive... for the kids for Christmas perhaps.

I am so sorry for this decision.

I cant tell you how many sleepless nights I have had over this.

I am disappointed in myself for letting family issues interfere with this.

I just cant help it.

I cant even share what is going on with me... it is way too painful right now. It has effected my girls and my husband...most painfully, the girls have been hurt in all of this.

If anyone else want to do a toy drive for their local hospital, I will support you in any way I can.

I do have one small pattern that I have been working on for some time... I can donate that one to you.

Just so you know, I am trying to pull me and my family out of this funk. I have planned some camping trips.... just the 5 of us, for some summer get aways.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me.

Again.. I am so sorry for letting you all down. This isnt something I take lightly!

Love

Kristen

I hope you can work everything out with your family. You have to take care of family first!! :hug I haven't done the toy drive in a couple years. But, I'm just saying. :manyheart

:hug :hug :hug

:hug you poor thing. Don't worry about letting others down--'villagers, or the hospital.

Please take care of yourself and your family. You need time to heal before you tackle something as big as the toy drive. Congrats to your Libby for getting down to 9 pills! that's a bright light in your moments of hard times.

Enjoy your camping getaways (camping is such a break sometimes!)...refresh, and heal.

:manyhearts to you...

I wanted to share this Bible verse with you to offer some comfort. I hope I'm not offending anyone...Isaiah 40:11

"He tends his flock like a shepherd:

He gathers the lambs in his arms

and carries them close to his heart;

he gently leads those that have young."

We are those lambs...

You and your :heart family come first! Don't worry about disappointing others (I know that it's easier to say than do) but you have got to take care of your family and yourself before others. Take care, I hope that things get better soon. :hug

Kristie, family always comes first. Take all the time away you need. We will be here for you when the time is right for the toy drive. In the mean time, if you need a shoulder to cry on (or someone to scream at ;)) I am just a PM away. :hug

Good Gravy!!

I started bawling as I read all the well wishes!

Thank you so much for understanding!

This decision has been crushing me for quite some time.

It is a weight lifted off of me now.

You all feel like family here at the ville.

I was so afraid everyone would be mad.

I am hoping I get to a point...where I can share what is...hopefully it will be a WAS going on.

I am hoping for the best possible outcome...no matter what that may be.

Thank you all!!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Kristie, please do not stress yourself over it. As a former contributer, anytime you feel up to the challenge, just let me know. I will do what I can to help.

In the meantime, relax and take a break. The toy drive was a big undertaking and I understand that you need time off. I hope and pray that your family issues are taken care of. Family must come first. Hugz to you and yours!

As with everyone else here we thank you for all you have done in the past, now it time to take a break for you. Charity is just that, it is not expected nor required. We could never be mad at you. You know the old saying, charity begins at home! Take some time off and when you are ready, we will still be there. Until then, we will donate to other charities and get our crochet hooks going for other causes. Take Care!

If anyone is interested in making toys there is always "The Toy Society" (google it). They make toys and leave them anonymously in places children can find them. And it's going on all over the world!

Archived