Anyone in England UK???

Hey you Essex ladies! I'm an Essex girl too...! I'm from Tiptree/Colchester, but live in Ipswich now. And did a UK swap ever get underway? I'd be really interested in it! :D

I haven't really figured out how those swap thingies work but it sounds like a good idea!!!!

:clap Glad to see there's a few of us here!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can get us mags in borders, well the leeds branch. cannot see why we cannot ask the moderators if we can have a seperate swap on the forum, i have a few days to go before i can look! we could extend it to europe with crippling postage, maybe.

you can get us mags in borders, well the leeds branch. cannot see why we cannot ask the moderators if we can have a seperate swap on the forum, i have a few days to go before i can look! we could extend it to europe with crippling postage, maybe.

I like the swaps idea, how many of us are there from the U.K, we could include Europe, postage costs might not be too bad, depends what your sending.

Rox

• 1 month later...
I like the swaps idea, how many of us are there from the U.K, we could include Europe, postage costs might not be too bad, depends what your sending.

Rox

Yes I like both the swap and the secret pals idea but how to go about coordinating all us Brits?!!!Any Ideas?!:clap:think

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I'm in Essex/East London. I'd be happy to join a UK subsidiary group if there was one. We could help each other with yarn conversions etc. The atmosphere on this board is THE BEST, but it's hard to join in with some of the stuff from so far away.

:cheer Yay, some more Brit peeps. Good to see so many of us on here - And LondonLaura, you are sooo right about the atmosphere, I have learnt so much in the short time that I've been lurking around. :clap

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone!!:hi

i'm from northern ireland! i'm loving this site - it's great to see so many people from the UK who are here!! and i think i'm getting there with figuring out all the americanisms! (worsted weight?:think )

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Anyone out there from Cheltenham or thereabouts looking for a crochet/knitting group? I am interested in joining / starting one, so please let me know if you're interested or if you know of a group already established that I might join up with!

Thanks!

Hello!

Anyone out there from Cheltenham or thereabouts looking for a crochet/knitting group? I am interested in joining / starting one, so please let me know if you're interested or if you know of a group already established that I might join up with!

Thanks!

Not from your area so can't help directly, but have you had a look on the UK Stitch n' Bitch website ? If there's not a group already in Cheltenham you can register your one to help kick it off :hook

Link here: http://www.stitchnbitch.co.uk/

• 2 months later...

I'm from Bermuda, but I live over here in Edinburgh, Scotland. I haven't noticed any crocheters in my area. :-(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm currently living in Croydon (London) and always happy to meet fellow crocheters! I've also set up a crochet group on Facebook called "Crochet Chat" for any other London crocheters out there.

Hi all!

I'm currently living in Croydon (London) and always happy to meet fellow crocheters! I've also set up a crochet group on Facebook called "Crochet Chat" for any other London crocheters out there.

Hi Jess,

I'm a Croydon crocheter too! It would be great to meet up. Some people from Ravelry have just started a Croydon Knitters' Group, of which I'm the only crocheting member. It meets every other Thursday and we've had two meetings so far. PM me if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived