Fat bottom bag

BeautifulNightmare

I'm pretty picky when it comes to purses, especially crocheted purses. When I saw the pattern for this, it looked like something I could buy.. in fact I have one that looks like it, only its bigger and leather. The pattern is The Fat Bottomed Bag It is a very easy pattern to follow, even the lining was easy to do. I used Bernat softee chunky in taupe, a 6mm hook and a pillow case that i didn't like, but it matched the yarn and I actually think it looks good. This is the first purse that I have finished and lined. I am pretty proud of how it turned out. Thanks for looking :)

post-31173-135897540005_thumb.jpg

post-31173-135897540009_thumb.jpg

I added the link to my original post. Mine looks different than the original because I didn't count the rows so it came out a little bit longer.

Thank you for the kind comments, it's always nice to know that others like your work :)

SUPER NICE!

I made a blue FBB bag with round bamboo handles, that cost way more that the yarn and lining combined. I like this version much, much better. Thanks for sharing!

:ty

• 2 weeks later...

I loved this bag so much that I am currently working on my own along with my mom!!

We have a question though, can you tell us how you did the button closure?

Also we would like to make a XXL version of this, how would we go about adding to make it longer and deeper?

Thanks!!!

Archived