sleeves

CLLinda

I'm, making a TOP Down sweater. I am almost to the bottom, and then I will just put the edging on it. I left the stitches unworked for the sleeves and they are on stitchholders. I was wondering if I should put those stitches on dpn's and work them that way? Or should I try a circular? It's only 30 stitches, so I think a circular would be too big, even a 16 inch one.

Any ideas?

Oh, And I started with a pattern, and then did my own thing, so I have no idea how to do the sleeves.

:manyheart

You could do it with dpns, or you could do it with 2 circulars. I do all my round knitting with 2 circs, you can see how to do several different ways in the round on knittinghelp.com's videos. That site was a life saver for me when I was learning!

And you can do the sleeves in the same as you did the body if you want. Or anything else!

I think I will try the two circular needles. It doesn't look hard at all. There's 30 stitches for the sleeve, so I will put 15 on each needle. It looks interesting. Thanks for the tips.

I did end up using dpn's for the sleeves and they turned out great. I just really need to concentrate when I use them. Especially at the end of one needle, starting the next needle.

But I did do it. I'm so happy.

The sweater is done!

Archived