OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!--Dallas Cowboys afghan

madbrilliant1

:jumpyay
I just finished the most rewarding project. My friend George turned 21 on the tenth and since I could not visit him in Texas I wanted to make his birthday present extra special. Originally it was going to be a beer pong table but I wanted to do something a bit more challenging and something that he would like for a really long time. I haven't given it to him yet because I won't see him again until August so if you happen to know someone named George Huber from Texas please don't tell him about his birthday present. haha

Now without further ado I give you the Dallas Cowboys Birthday Blanket!

Just a few notes:
I use KnitPro because hey!, it's free. The blanket is not a very big one but that's how I wanted it to be. I think it'll fit on his bed as a smaller afghan and it won't be so bad to tote around to football games or a weekend swim meet or something.

I compiled some pictures to show the process of making the blanket. I stayed up until four am on some nights just to get this thing done.

The back of the blanket looked really yucky so I bought some really soft navy colored fleece and attached it to the back. I used a hole punch to make holes and then crochet it in accordingly.

Like I said, I'm super proud of this one because it's my first time using a graph and it certainly won't be my last time doing so. Also, I've never made a shape or letters in a blanket before and I'm so proud about how the whole thing turned out.
:bow

post-39240-13589753991_thumb.jpg

post-39240-135897539916_thumb.jpg

post-39240-135897539919_thumb.jpg

Good work. Nice afghan. I love the way you put a fleece back on it. That is very neat. I'm sure Geroge will love it.

I love this afghan. You did an outstanding job. You have every right to be proud of it. I just know your friend will love it too. What a great idea putting navy fleece on the back side. Thank you for posting pictures of it.

Fantastic! I've not tried anything like this yet, but you certainly inspire me!

I think I like this one the most becuase it's got a shape in it and it was a graph.

George will love this awesome afghan. The backing just makes it more snuggly. Terrific job!!!

The backing is so soft. I didn't even have to wash it to soften it up. And it covers the yucky knots that I made on the back of the blanket. haha

What a nice gift! I am sure he will be pleasantly surprised and LOVE the personalized afghan! He must be someone special for you!

He's my boyfriends roommate from college. They're really good friends so we became friends.

Archived