Obviously I was not paying attention...

I just discovered an error in the row I was working on yesterday. Aparently I did a cluster stitch (at least that's what the pattern calls it) where I was supposed to do three double crochet. I think it would probably turn out okay but the perfectionist in me wants to fix it.

Oi I hate unraveling...

As long as it doesn't hurt the overall look -- call it your "Humility Stitch." Amish quilters used to make a Humility Square -- one square with an intentional error -- different pattern/color/etc. It was because, only God is perfect, and to make a perfect quilt would be prideful. I can live with some mistakes using this analogy. Makes me able to smile about it and hav a reverent moment too. But sometimes, nothing settles me except ripping it out and fixing the mistake. Maybe I am guilty of being a bit prideful at times. Just depends on how you feel about it.

I like RoseRed's answer -- at 10 feet, few single stitch mistakes would ever be noticed.

When I accidently made a small error... my dad would call it my personal touch to it! So if it is not showing that bad and only you know where the mistake is.. you could call it your personal touch! ;)

Thanks for the suggestions but I did decide to unravel. Luckily it wasn't too much to do and I almost go to the point where I was at when I noticed it by the time needed to put it away before I got off the bus.

i agree with DebraKay...if it does not hurt the pattern i will leave one, only one error in everything i make. But if it affects later rows i will rip out however much i need to fix it.

My grandmother used to say "If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right". I have torn out many a stitch "knowing" that she is watching!!

Charlotte

I had to almost finnish this dress 6 times:crocheting before I got it to look right ,I didn't want it to full but full enough to cover the other head and look sort of normal:cheeryou be the judge:hook she's I think my favourite,she's cuddly and can reflect the mood I'm in at the time

post-6684-135897539322_thumb.jpg

post-6684-135897539326_thumb.jpg

post-6684-135897539329_thumb.jpg

post-6684-135897539332_thumb.jpg

Archived