TheKnottyMale

Right Way Market Bag

Wow! That bird tote is magnificent! The design is quite complicated. No wonder you had a few issues at first. I'm afraid that nothing I ever design will look this sophisticated. I'm simply not an artist so I stick to basic graphics that are easy to work out on my little PC Stitch program.

My Right Way Market Bag is finally done. I had to rest my hands for a couple of days. As I mentioned, I worked the handles separately and threaded them through the eyelets. Then I sewed the ends of one handle together and interlocked the other handle with the first one. This keeps the handles from flopping off my shoulder.

I also like the way that the bag folds when you thread the handles through the 4 eyelets. The bag is extremely wide but this makes it look more compact.

post-2917-135897614556_thumb.jpg

post-2917-13589761456_thumb.jpg

post-2917-135897614564_thumb.jpg

Looks great! From looking at the picture, it looks as though you had no trouble at all making the bag.

That's neat how you interlocked your handles :hook

Thanks for all your help Bob. I'm off to work on some of my other projects that have been languishing since I got side-tracked with this bag! ;)

:yayLove the bag. Was it hard to make?:manyheart

Tapestry crochet isn't hard to do, but it does take some practice. If you would like to try out this technique, I would recommend that you try out one of Carol Ventura's free patterns. They are small projects that won't leave you feeling overwhelmed. Give it a try! I'm sure you'll be hooked :hook

www.tapestrycrochet.com

Bob

I just wanted to add one more thing Bob. Now that I've had a chance to put my bag to use, I'm finding that it's my favorite by far. This bag is roomy enough for my yarn and opens very wide so that my small items don't get lost in the bottom. I really like this design!

I always remember to take my bags before I go grocery shopping. I get a nickel back for every bag that I take along :)

A whole lot easier toting groceries too!!

I love how all the market bags turned out! I love the color combinations (actually much more than what the pattern showed)!