Right Way Market Bag

TheKnottyMale

If you have the April 2009 issue of Crochet World magazine, then you own this pattern. I made mine with a slightly larger hook and used 3 colors instead of 2. I also changed mine from having 2 handles to having one large drawstring. If you don't have the pattern and would like to (or if you would just like to see what the original bag looks like,) you can find the pattern here at E-PatternsCentral.com

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=5258&cat_id=&criteria=right+way+market+bag

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen a pic of Bob carrying this bag....it's not only beautiful, it's HUGE!!

Another great bag Bob!

Yes, it makes my 6'4" body frame. Looks like a big guy toting a huge bag :lol

• 5 months later...

Here's another one is progress. This time, I'm going to follow the directions completely. The finished bag will have 2 straps. This photo gives you the opportunity to see what it looks like on the inside. If you happen to own the pattern and would like to know how far i've progressed, there are 57 completed rounds shown in the picture.

I did not use Red Heart Ecoways, I used Super Saver instead. The colors used for this bag are amethyst and pumpkin.

I'm going to make another one in Michigan State's colors, Green & White. I also have another bag (blue & red) that is almost complete. I still need to make the straps, which is the part of the pattern that I dislike the most. The strands get tangled up when working this part of the pattern. Regardless, it's still worth it to have a bag whose handles have not been made and then attached onto the bag.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay, I've read all the posts and now I am going to have to make this bag! Thanks for the link to the pattern. I haven't been on here for a while and see that I've missed a lot!

The pattern is fairly easy to do, but I would suggest trying out one of Carol Ventura's small patterns that are free. It will give you a chance to try it out without feeling overwhelmed. You can find all of her free patterns at http://www.tapestrycrochet.com

I especially like the Kitty Bag :hook

Something else I've learned..... Usually, most of the motifs I work involve only a few stitches of one color before it's changed to another. The Right Way Market Bag has many more stitches of one color before changing to another.

Carrying the unused color is the trick. You've got to learn how to get your tension just right, and that can be hard to do when the unused color is carried for so long. You tend to get a warped look when your tension is off. Steam blocking will definitely work out any of the slight imperfections

I'm not saying any of these things to scare anyone away. Just making mention of what I've learned over the years. I began tapestry crocheting in the Spring of 2005.

If you (or anyone else) decide to take on a tapestry project, let me know and i'll work along on the same project with you. I'll be sure to include photos throughout the entire process.

Archived