MadeJust4You

hanging candle holder

Hello Everyone!!!:hug

I recently got an email from some yarn company showing a pattern to crochet a candle/lantern to hang in the trees outside. I can not find the email and I was wondering if anyone could direct me in the right direction? Thanks

I'm curious and leary about this pattern, because with the candles hanging from yarn material, I would be afraid that it might catch on fire. Maybe I am just a worry wort of sorts, but I always try to think of safety when it comes to using candles...inside or out. Don't get me wrong, I love candles and use them a lot, but having a yarn hanging over top or near the top of the candle kinda scares me. How do you all feel? I think the pattern is beautiful and I would print it out....if the material they were using was crochet wire, rather than yarn/thread.

Daisy, I was wondering the same thing. these are lovely hangers. But even with the candles in canning jars, sometimes flames can go high, especially if the burnt wick has gotten too long.

Ummm, yeah. :yes

It may just be that my DH is a firefighter, but I couldn't imagine hanging these in a tree. :no I'd hang them close to me where I could keep a watch on them, but not out in a tree. DH won't even let me use the scented oil fragance things! No way he'd go for this! :lol

I wondered, too.

Upon reading through the supplies it says votives.

Those are much smaller than regular candles and should be way down inside the canning jar.

However I would buy the battery votives and then not worry about. :)