Question: Wanted Men's Patterns

I just read some posts where people said that they would like to see more crochet patterns for men. My question to all of you is... What would men like that's crocheted? So, all you men feel free to answer and the ladies can ask their men what they would like. There was a time where men liked wearing crochet vests and such, but I don't think that it's as popular now as it used to be. All I can think of is caps. Let us know what you think.

my hubby said a cap or scarf, but that is about it. He loves the 'ghan I made him. My young son loved the tooth fairy pillow i made (pink for my daughter, blue for him). but that is about it!

That's what I was thinking, too. There's not much knitted or crochet items that you can make for a guy anymore. The Q&A that they had recently had a lot of people saying that they would like more men's patterns. I honestly can't think of much to make for guys that guys would want to wear outside of hats and scarves. I can offer to crochet them a speedo, but I don't think that would go over well. LOL Thanks for your responses.

My husband is willing to wear crocheted slippers and that is about it. At one time I was going to make him a scarf (with his approval), but never had time unfortunately. Of course, any typical guy is going to want something very plain, nothing that screams, "My wife made me wear this!"

I love Crochet Dude's designs, and I'm very familiar with him. I was asking more from a design point, though, since I am always looking to see what direction I would like to go in next. I have made a lot of women's clothing/accessories patterns, but always get stuck when it comes to men. I just see so many scarves and hat patterns out there for men. I would like to do something different, though. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I need to think on this some more. I like challenging myself.

• 10 months later...

Guess I am lucky. My man is 78 and comes from a generation that wore a lot of hand made stuff, and as he grew, sweaters and vests were very in. I remember hunting for men's patterns quite a few years back, and was surprised at how few there were other than hats, scarves and slippers. A lovely member of the ville sent me a vintage pattern book with patterns for great men's sweaters, (I still have and cherish it today).

Archived