Squares For Breast cancer comfort ghan**updte- pics added**

annmcc1976

I'm looking for 8 inch squares to make 2 comfort-ghans for a Local Dj and her little 4 yr old daughter

I been listening to this station since moving to ga. and The Dj's that are on in the morning are very open about some stuff in their personal lives, They also are very active in a bunch of Community charitys..

around a month ago.. the Female half of the Morning show. anounced she has breast cancer and will have to have a masectomy within the next week or 2. It touched me beacuse she is very active in the Atlanta breast cancer 3 day walk.. as her mother is a 2 time suvivor.. I belive totaly in awareness.. while no one personaly close tome has had this. I am always sure to check.. and I sport a Pink n white braclet in honnor of a local lady back home in NY who was fighting it. She started her own chapter of awarness back home. and did alot to get money to go tward research.

so when Cindy anounced it.. Knowing she is still a young woman.. no older then me. if not mabey a little older (im 33). and she has a 4 yr old little girl. who is only a month older then my daughter.

So i'd like to put together 2 ghans.. 1 for Cindy. and one for little Lilly.

as she dose know that one of mommy's "girls" are sick. and it must be hard for her to see mommy have this owie.

To show how strong cindy is she return to work only a few days after her surgry. she missed it and came back even thou she had more days comming off. I'd like todo something for her to show her she is in my thoughts and I know is in the thoughts of everyone who has delt wth. or knows someone going thru what she is. as the last she anounced she's still not yet sure if she'll need any further treatment.

SO for Cindy's afghan.. I'm looking for 8 inch squares. in Pinks and white

I'll be Adding a boarder similar to the ones in my Ruffles n rattles afghan to each square. I'll be making some up to Embroider some breast cancer awarness ribbons on.. you can pin a note to your squares and i'll keep them attached when i join them and send it to the station

For little lilly.. I'm also looking for 8 inch squares.. in purples, pinks and white. and I'll also be putting the same boarder to these as for Cindy's. and Embroidering something on some of her squares.

I'd like to have the ghans compleate by the beggining of july. and I'll either drive to atlanta n deliever them or send them in the mail to he co-host n ask that he deliver it to her for me.

if you can help.. then i'd apreciate it. pm me

If i end up with any extra squares I'll make a pillow from them and add them to the box :)

Thank you again

*********JUNE 18 2010*******

I just heard this morning, on the raido.. as Cindy and her Co-host Ray were talking about Fathers day.. that cindy IS undergoing Cemo!. so plz if you can make up a square. or 2. I'd apreciate it!.

***7-14-10***

Still collecting squarres.. I've fallen behind on this project a bit. due to my orginal design idea not working out.. so im re thinking it.. but I am also still collecting some squares if anyone wants to send some.. I am gonna try to see if hubby will drive me up to atlanta to the station to drop it off as apose to mailing them

I just wanted to say that I have several squares made that I can send. I live right next door to thepunkrockinchick (she's the one who told me about this) so I will just include mine in with hers. :)

This kind of reminded me of our local radio station morning personality. He passed away after a long battle with cancer. It was so sad not to hear his voice in the mornings.

Hey all Thanks for those of you who promiss Squares!>. I still need some more to compleate this ghan.. I"m almost done with mine..

Im making up some single crochet squares. .with a boarder and I"m embroidering something on each.. THey will Read

COURAGE

LOVE

HOPE

FAITH

and a ribbon

any other word suggestions would be apreciated.

Any extra squares i'll put into a pillow!

• 2 weeks later...

i only found this today, so not sure if you still need any but did have a suggestion for words if you are still workinng on it..."health" (or "heal" if health is too long)

sandy

Hey all Thanks for those of you who promiss Squares!>. I still need some more to compleate this ghan.. I"m almost done with mine..

Im making up some single crochet squares. .with a boarder and I"m embroidering something on each.. THey will Read

COURAGE

LOVE

HOPE

FAITH

and a ribbon

any other word suggestions would be apreciated.

Any extra squares i'll put into a pillow!

• 2 weeks later...
I saw you posted that you received my friendship 'ghan square so I assume you received my two for this also.

YEs nichole.. THey were recieved fine> TY.. I just have not had the time to come to this thread and reply the TY. kids keep distracting me getting into stuff then i come back to the pc n forget what the heck iw as doing.:think

I"ll be glad when school starts on Aug 3 So i can have my sanity bak..

i only found this today, so not sure if you still need any but did have a suggestion for words if you are still workinng on it..."health" (or "heal" if health is too long)

yea heal may work.. im findng courage wont work on a 8inch square. unless i find realy tiny cross stich letters lol

sandy

TY sandy,, Yes I'm still collecting squares.. .. I abviously have not compleated it just yet.. as i have gotten behind on it, so many things keep comming up so we have lots of time, so anyone looking to still send some squares They will be apreciated. I only have made a few squares myself as i've not been sure who's all sent. and i wanted to be sure to make enough to include all the squares sent. and word squares i make

I will try to get you a couple done in the next few days.

Ty WVU!.. much apreciated

YEs nichole.. THey were recieved fine> TY.. I just have not had the time to come to this thread and reply the TY. kids keep distracting me getting into stuff then i come back to the pc n forget what the heck iw as doing.:think

I"ll be glad when school starts on Aug 3 So i can have my sanity bak..

No worries...just checking. I'm glad they got there. There is no "h" in my name by the way.

No worries...just checking. I'm glad they got there. There is no "h" in my name by the way.

:eekLOL LOL Sorry lol I'm adding letters to names AHHHHHH see what i mean by sanity!!!!! kids took it all,,, gone.. bye bye.. flew out the window with the big yellow school bus that dropped them off on their last day of school.. never to return till aug 3.

do you think my sanity will still be on that bus:think

:eekLOL LOL Sorry lol I'm adding letters to names AHHHHHH see what i mean by sanity!!!!! kids took it all,,, gone.. bye bye.. flew out the window with the big yellow school bus that dropped them off on their last day of school.. never to return till aug 3.

do you think my sanity will still be on that bus:think

:lol It's all right. You see, it takes extra time to put an extra letter in my name. You can use that time to try to regain some sanity. :D

:lol It's all right. You see, it takes extra time to put an extra letter in my name. You can use that time to try to regain some sanity. :D

NOPE to late. They already stole it. in the amount of time it's taking me to put the H in your name my 2 darling girls (4 and 7 yr old) or as like to mytwin terrors, have strung EVERY toy that is in the box strung THRU their bedroom, and every blanket off the bed,,, time for me to go attempt to have them clean it up...:(

thank you To Susan in WA, I recieved your 4 squares today.. and yes they will work in nice!.

if you see this susan lemme know who you are. i didnt see your SN on the note

I have a total of 6 squares. 3 for each ghan.. so im gonna need some more.. any extra's i'm going to make into a Throw pillow covers to include with the blankets

Thought i'd get a pic of the squares that were donated so far and the one's ive been able to compleate! Not to far into it as the time i thought i'd have to work on them just isn't happening. Thank god school starts soon.

but here is 7 squares so far that are compleatly finished and ready to be joined once i get the rest of mine done.. and the others that were promissed arrive.

the group picture is 5 of the 6 i revieved from 2 members, I have a 6th ive got to add the ruffly boarder to. i'm still deciding on what color i want to use,

The 2 with words on them are 2 of mine, i love how they came out. I was going to cross stitch words on but i decided i'm going to think of a creative way to put the names on and try to do it a little diffrent each square.

post-31502-135897550934_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897550939_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897550942_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897550945_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897550948_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897550951_thumb.jpg

Punkchic and her momma

THank you so much. for the wounderful squares! they arrived today, and are all so pretty. I can't waite to get to work with the boarders and start to layout the blanket layouts,

If anyone else wants to send in a square or 2 for each ghan just let me know, and don't worrie if i get more then needed I'm going to do the throw pillow covers. or mabey use them to make a cute tote

Archived