Why didnt anyone warn me about socks??

TillyUK

Well I'm extremely proud of myself. I have knitted a sock! :yay

I've started the second one, and I'm thoroughly addicted. You know when you're reading a book and you cant bear to put it down to get on with something. Well, thats how I feel about knitting socks :lol

Everyone I know is getting socks for Christmas this year!

I shall update with a pic when I've finished the pair. I do hope they end up the same size. I've only knitted a hat on circular needles, never used DPN's before.

Well, I am proud of you because dpns scare me to death, I feel like I am all thumbs. I find knitting very addictive, fun and very relaxing. Socks are great gifts, start now and you will have everyones sock for Christmas...lol!!

Well I'm extremely proud of myself. I have knitted a sock! :yay

I've started the second one, and I'm thoroughly addicted. You know when you're reading a book and you cant bear to put it down to get on with something. Well, thats how I feel about knitting socks :lol

Everyone I know is getting socks for Christmas this year!

I shall update with a pic when I've finished the pair. I do hope they end up the same size. I've only knitted a hat on circular needles, never used DPN's before.

Oh so addicting! LOL Always .. I'll just do 1 more row! :)

I do mine on 2 circs now, but dpns are fun too!

Post a pic PLEASE! :cheer I am learning myself and so far it is great fun. :knit Maybe you will inspire me to finish my practice socks. :lol

Yes, they are addicting.

I use 2 circs and 2 at a time. If I can with the pattern that I'm using. ( some patterns you just can't do that..) I hate going back to start the second sock..

But good luck with your socks, can't wait to see a picture..

Good for you, knitting socks.

I have my cast on done for my practice sock, but I've been too busy to get the ribbing started.

Finished a few days ago but only just got round to posting the pics.

One is slightly larger than the other, but only 1cm or so. Very pleased with them and my daughter thinks they're great.

Already started on pair number two.:)

post-21490-13589753911_thumb.jpg

post-21490-135897539122_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Wow, they are nice. I've only tried baby socks. And the first 3 socks I practiced making came out 3 different sizes using the same pattern. :lol Now I'm making a pair for my brand new DGD. I hope this one comes out the same sizes. I already see the mistakes :think I made with the first one.

One is slightly larger than the other, but only 1cm or so. Very pleased with them and my daughter thinks they're great.

• 2 weeks later...

They look great. :manyheart That looks like a basic pattern. Could you tell me where you got the pattern? Or maybe you could just make me a pair. :lol:manyheart

Great job on the socks. I love knitting socks and have only done them on dpn's. I may just have to try the 2 circulars at a time to avoid the second sock syndrome. Is there a tutorial out there for this?

Great job on the socks. I love knitting socks and have only done them on dpn's. I may just have to try the 2 circulars at a time to avoid the second sock syndrome. Is there a tutorial out there for this?

Yes. Hold on while I try to find it...

Here it is. There are probably a few others since this one came out since it has been on the web several years. I suspect there are also some Youtube videos.

Yes. Hold on while I try to find it...

Here it is. There are probably a few others since this one came out since it has been on the web several years. I suspect there are also some Youtube videos.

Thanks for the link. I want to try learning how to do this too.

• 1 month later...

So beautiful.. I will make my self one pair one day.. right now my mother do the socks for my husband he comes get them to christmas eve :) Because i have never done any socks before and i only done a beanie and the mittens i do right now i hope to be finnish this weekend. and then i dont know what I will do after.. i must think:think

• 2 months later...

Socks are one of the main reasons I decided to expand my yarn addiction from crochet and learn to knit. You can crochet socks...but I don't think it's the same!! I've only finished 2 knitted objects so far...but I'm making my way there! Your socks came out awesome!

Archived