St. Vincent NICU Donations

nicolep

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update -

I recently found out that St. Vincent has so many items for the NICU that they are having to put things in storage. Therefore, I'm going to give the items to St. Francis this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Checking back in to see the status, St. Vincent has too much (nice problem by the way, means you did a good job), then you were or are donating to St. Frances. Thought I'd check back on the status of this project as I think I might have some items appropriate in size, though wondered if you could tell me how big/little booties should be?

Thanks

Sandy

It's still open. I'm collecting items and making items still. Any size of booties will be accepted. Even the smallest you can make. I have made some that are an inch 1/2 to two inches long. Thank you!

It's still open. I'm collecting items and making items still. Any size of booties will be accepted. Even the smallest you can make. I have made some that are an inch 1/2 to two inches long. Thank you!

Thanks for the quick clarification, appreciate it, will review what I have and then get back with you regarding mailing.

Sandy

I have received a few more packages. They are much appreciated. I had a wake last night and wasn't able to post. I'm at work right now. I wanted to sneak on here so you all know I appreciate you very much. I'll update in more detail this weekend. Thanks for your patience.

Nicole, I just saw this thread today. This is a beautiful thing you are doing. :U The items I have already made, (posted about in your charity weekend coming up thread) are newborn-6m size. Can you use those too? The little dresses aren't fully open down the back, if not I can donate them somewhere else, but if you are continusouly taking premie items, I can make some to send. :)

Nicole, I just saw this thread today. This is a beautiful thing you are doing. :U The items I have already made, (posted about in your charity weekend coming up thread) are newborn-6m size. Can you use those too? The little dresses aren't fully open down the back, if not I can donate them somewhere else, but if you are continusouly taking premie items, I can make some to send. :)

I'd love to have the newborn - 6 month sizes. The hospital can definitely use those, too. I'm doing a big push until the anniversary of Xavier's death, but I will happily accept items at any time. :manyheart

I have 2 blankets and a multiple hats, since you are willing to collect whenever I will send these out this week and try to get more out later.

I'll gladly take them off your hands! :lol Thank you for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so my charity CAL went longer than it was supposed to :blush, but the main thing is, that I'm nearly finished with 3 preemie bereavement layettes.

This first one is really tiny. It's hard to imagine an angel baby so small, bless their hearts.

So here is the first completed layette. The other two will follow soon, as soon as I do the ribbons and flowers on them....then the pictures.

Sorry that the one picture turned out sideways and I don't know how to straighten it out. I'll have to practice doing that.

post-5100-135897556878_thumb.jpg

post-5100-135897556887_thumb.jpg

Daisy - They are absolutely precious!

Toni - I received your package last night, but my internet was down. Thank you so much!

I have a ton of stuff to donate this year. I'm so excited!

Here is a picture of the second set of the preemie bereavement layettes that I made. So tiny!

Pictures are clickable.

Nicole, I'll try and these in the mail on Monday. If I get extra time, I will try and make a few extra hats.

post-5100-135897556913_thumb.jpg

post-5100-135897556919_thumb.jpg

Archived