2010 WIP-buster CAL

basjordan

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But I'm new and feeling rather dumb. What is a wip? i may like to join but I'll have to see how it goes for me first.:D

A WIP is a Work In Progress. It's all those projects we've started, and never got around to finishing before starting a new (and therefore more interesting) project.... Some of us have things stashed all over waiting to be finished. This CAL is to encourage us to finish what we've started. Feel free to join in, if you could benefit. We'd love to have you!!!

I started 1 project this week, which I finished. I also finished an afghan I started back in March!

WTD +1

YTD +1

Well here's my score for the weekending August 14,2010:

WTD:0/YTD:+8

so for this week started a beret finished it today so there was a +1 but yesterday started a dishcloth so -1. So again this last week broke even I guess I will be the one with shoot the moon?

OK, here's our totals for this week...

GOLD MEDAL TIE AT +1

a stitchintime and Braxxi

SILVER MEDAL AND SHOOT THE MOON TIE AT 0

fc1123 and basjordan

We all did so well!!! It's awesome that nobody started more projects than they finished this week.

Faith, do you want me to post, since we're tied? I surely don't want to wrestle you for it....

I was thinking (which always gets me in trouble...) that we might benefit from posting only ytd scores. That way, we can admire our over-all progress every week. What do you think?:think

OK, here's our totals for this week...

GOLD MEDAL TIE AT +1

a stitchintime and Braxxi

SILVER MEDAL AND SHOOT THE MOON TIE AT 0

fc1123 and basjordan

We all did so well!!! It's awesome that nobody started more projects than they finished this week.

Faith, do you want me to post, since we're tied? I surely don't want to wrestle you for it....

I was thinking (which always gets me in trouble...) that we might benefit from posting only ytd scores. That way, we can admire our over-all progress every week. What do you think?:think

Yeah you can do it I won't wrestle you for it. That's not a bad idea to only post ytd totals.

Hi, gang!

Beth - I think that the YTD score is plenty to post:yes.... good thinkin' :wink

Have a great day, everyone! I need to go figure out what WIP(s) I want to play with this week...

crocheting4mygirls, we are debating just posting the YTD, since the WTD doesn't change that much. I think we can get a better feel for how much we've progressed if we concentrate on the YTD total.

Speaking of which, I am going to get off this computer, and start something new. :blush:devil I am very excited about it. I'm testing a pattern for a friend.

Have fun with your :crocheting everyone!:manyheart:hug

well I don't think I'm going to look good again this week trying to make fiance a keyboard cover come to find out I had to chain a whole lot more because it didn't cover the way I wanted to so now I am at a -1. And I tried so hard to stay in the positive. Yikes

Well, I have just the YTD scores right now for 4 people.

+9 fc1123 - gold medal - What a WIP-buster!!!

+5 basjordan - silver medal - good work

0 Braxxi - tied for bronze - steady as a rock

0 a stitchintime - tied for bronze - keeping on an even keel

What do you think? Is it good to just look at the YTD, or do you need the WTD to keep you motivated?

My (not so) humble opinion... I think we are all doing great, and getting a negative number because you start one project, when you've been very good about finishing one before you start one, is kind of punishing.

Wow! look at us go!:lol

I think I need to finish with charity weekend, and then line up some WIPs and make a push to finish them! :thinkI don't even know how many I even have... I suppose that would be a good thing to know, right? :rofl

Great job to all of us!!!

:ghug

...and Beth, if you want a break, I would be happy to do the scores next week!:hug

Archived