2010 WIP-buster CAL

basjordan

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to present our winner for this week!

No contest, hands down, gold medal performance by...

NEEDLE ARTS! With a whopping +7!

Second place is a huge tie, with a respectable 0...

basjordan

Mollyanna

a stitchintime

And Shoot the Moon, with a -1 goes to Makinofastar.

Congratulations to everyone. This was a good first week! I am happy that I stayed strong, and didn't start anything new.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone! I'd love to join another CAL and WIPbusting would probably be a good one for me! :lol I have one question though... what if you start a project, then decide you aren't going to do it at all? For example, I had started a hexagon scrap afghan and realized I was never going to sew all those hexagons together, so I frogged all of them. Not that this will happen again, but thought I'd ask.

Count me in though!:hook

Hi everyone! I'd love to join another CAL and WIPbusting would probably be a good one for me! :lol I have one question though... what if you start a project, then decide you aren't going to do it at all? For example, I had started a hexagon scrap afghan and realized I was never going to sew all those hexagons together, so I frogged all of them. Not that this will happen again, but thought I'd ask.

Count me in though!:hook

If it's been taken apart, and you don't intend to work on it anymore, it's no longer a WIP, so you earn a point for having one less WIP. Does that sound right to everyone?

sounds right to me!

I am still plugging away on a couple of WIPs, haven't finished anything, but haven't started anything new either...

Hope you are all getting there on your WIPs... Congrats to you, NeedleArts! +7! Wow! :nworthy

With three previously started afghans on the hook I'm slowly plugging away. I will be AWOL starting Thursday and back next Tuesday so I won't be able to post this weekend. Can't decide if I should take a crochet project with me....hmmm....

With three previously started afghans on the hook I'm slowly plugging away. I will be AWOL starting Thursday and back next Tuesday so I won't be able to post this weekend. Can't decide if I should take a crochet project with me....hmmm....

I know you didn't ask, but my vote would be for taking the crochet project. Of course, I keep one in my car at all times, in case I need it. Don't let me be too far from my hooks and yarn.

LOL...I always take a project with me when I leave the house...the one time I forgot I regretted it horribly!

I finished another Black-bottom Bag Set yesterday:

post-21933-135897538374_thumb.jpg

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Go, Girls GO

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Whip those WIP's!

I finished a hat, and started a hat, so I'm at 0. No motivation to crochet. I thought I'd get a lot done while my dh is out of town, but it doesn't look that way.:blush

Well, I didn't finish the scarf yet - the yarn is mohair, and I get tired of working with it after a while. It's so thin, it's like crocheting with a spiderweb. So, to break up the project, I started and finished a potholder, then started a kitchen towel. That puts me at -2 for the week so far.

LOL - I think I need this one even more than the stash-busting CAL! I am notorious for starting a project before I've finished the last one (or three). :blush

:welcome JennyT. I will add your name to the list as soon as I'm done greeting you properly! I hope you enjoy our group, and find it motivating to finish things before starting something new. It's helped me already.

I started...and finished a small RR for my son to play with. Don't ask me why, but he loves to play with afghans. :D

post-21933-135897539981_thumb.jpg

Archived