2010 WIP-buster CAL

basjordan

This game is the second cousin (twice removed) to STASHBUSTERS. We all will start at zero! Nothing like a clean slate

Here are the rules!

Everyone who's going to join us, put a line in your signature for WIP-busting Score. Example: Week to date (WTD) 0 Year to date (YTD) 0

Post your scores by midnight on Saturday. Shortly after, we'll tally the scores and see who is that week's winners. To help us find your final score among the other posts, make it obvious! Like this: My final score for this week is -2 but we hope that your scores will be positive! :eek:clap The SHOOT THE MOON winner from the previous week will be responsible for posting the current scores. If the SHOOT THE MOON winner cannot do so, she should contact basjordan as early as possible, so someone else can take this responsibility.

Once a month, we will post YTD scores, so you can watch your progress through the year. It will be at the end of the month. basjordan will post these scores.

The scorekeeper should post by 8am EASTERN TIME Sunday. If it will be posted another time, please notify the list as soon as possible, so people will know when to expect to see their scores.

For every WIP you complete, you get 1 point.

For every new WIP you begin, you LOSE 1 point!!!

Pictures are highly encouraged! We love to see your work!!!

This is an on-going CAL - Feel free to join at any time!

When you start playing with us for the first time, you DON'T count your current WIPs. For some of us, that's just impossible! You get points when you finish projects, or lose points when you start new projects. Also, points are counted if you crochet, knit, or craft.

List of participants in Post #2

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

basjordan - Beth

Mollyanna - Anne

cat3crazy

crocheting4mygirls - Jackie

anu-monty - ANU

Needle Arts - Darlene

a stitchintime - LeaAnne

makinofastar - Jennifer

Braxxi

JennyT

fc1123 - Faith

I'm in! Thanks for starting this one, Beth!

Many of my WIPs are in the weave-in-loose-threads stage, so I should be able to finish them relatively quickly. And school gets out in 2 weeks :yay (I'm a teacher) so I will have much more time to bust WIPs! :clap

Welcome to our little group!

So, what WIP's do you have on your hook? I'm working on 3 afghans for Christmas presents, 2 vests, hats (I have a goal to make 50 this year), and a bunch of other things stuffed in my storage ottoman.

I will join! If I ever had the shoot for the moon score though, I woudn't be able to post the score results! Just keep that in mind. =)

If you earn the Shoot the Moon award, please remind me the next week. I will post the scores. I just need help remembering.

Looked around last night just from the chair where I crochet and saw two pairs socks that need ends woven in, a half done top down sweater, a dishcloth needing edging, and two baby afghans. Have my work cut out for me working on all those. Today and tomorrow will be working on the baby afghans for the May Charity CAL.

Hi, all ~

What a great idea!!!

I need to play... BAD!:lol

Thanks, Beth, for giving us a place for accountability for finish-ness, AND start-itis!

:cheer:cheer

I better go get Hookin'!

:crocheting Make it a Stitchin' Day!:U

Well, I finished a hat, and started another hat, which is how that works. I am still at 0, but that's good -- no start-itis, as LeaAnne appropriately named it. Wish me luck sticking to that -- I just received yarn to make a Christmas present, and I'm itching to try that pattern....:devil

I'm a bit confused about how this all works. How does one become The SHOOT THE MOON winner? :confused

Also if you're making a set (dishcloth, potholder, scrubbie) how does it affect the count when you finish one of the items and then start another one? Do you get a point for the item you finish and lose a point for the item you started or is the set considered one project? :think

I haven't made any progress yet. I've had such a bad :tired week at work that I didn't even picked up a hook all week.

I'm a bit confused about how this all works. How does one become The SHOOT THE MOON winner? :confused

Also if you're making a set (dishcloth, potholder, scrubbie) how does it affect the count when you finish one of the items and then start another one? Do you get a point for the item you finish and lose a point for the item you started or is the set considered one project? :think

I haven't made any progress yet. I've had such a bad :tired week at work that I didn't even picked up a hook all week.

I'll answer the middle question first: if you are working on a project with several parts, it doesn't matter which way you count. If you give yourself a +1 for each piece you finish, and a -1 for each piece you start, the end result would be exactly the same as if you just count the whole project as one thing. I am making 50 hats this year. I like to tick off things as completed, though, so I will do the silly +1,-1 each time I finish a hat. But the end result will be a final +1 when I finish hat #50.

How do you get shoot the moon? Well, let's use me as an example. I have some new yarn, enough for 3 different projects, and I really want to start playing with the yarn. I love new things! So if I start one, (-1) get bored with it (short attention span) and start on another one (-2), I will probably get shoot the moon for the week. I've put the yarn away, though, and I'm trying to concentrate on one thing.

But it's calling me!:devil

I got tired of the 2 projects I keep by my sofa, so I started a potholder from a pattern I came across, which put me at -1. However, my negative score only lasted about 2 hours, because I finished the potholder (easy-peasy!). So my current stats are:

WIP-busting score: WTD 0 YTD 0

So glad this was started...my pile is a little smaller by completed 2 baby afghans I had on different sized hooks, finished weaving ends on six preemie blankets and all eight got out in the mail. Oops, started a new preemie project this morning and an leaving the house shortly to get some yarn to finish it so that will hurt my stash busting score.

Finished: 8 less 1 just started for WTD: 7 YTD: 7

Hopefully in the next few days I can get a pic up of my stashbusting wedding present, a kingsize afghan! Only bought one skein of a certain shade of blue for the whole project, so it should count as busting my stash, right?

Archived