Afghaniac

Floral Hexie Afghan Motif

Although I posted this pattern as requested in a Show 'n Tell thread, I thought I ought to put it here, where it more properly belongs.

For a fairly large child-size (or small adult-size) afghan, I whipstitched together 29 of these motifs, in random colors of scrap yarn, then edged the afghan with a scalloped edge: First round: sc evenly around, with hdc, dc, hdc in areas of motif joinings. Second round: 5 dc in sc, sk 1 sc, sc in next sc, sk 1 sc, 5 dc in next sc. Continue around and join.

Floral Hexagon

J hook

Worsted weight yarn. Colors A, B, and C in a variety of colors. Main color (MC) in a single, unifying color such as Aran.

With Color A, ch 3 and join.

Round 1 (Flower center). Sc, ch 1 around (6 ch 1 spaces and 6 sc). Join.

Round 2 (Flower petals). With Color B, 4 dc cluster and ch 3 in each ch 1 space (6 petals and 6 ch 3 spaces). Join.

Round 3 (Hexagon background). With Color C, 2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc in each ch 3 space and dc in top of each petal (6 ch 3 spaces with 1 dc between corner shells).

Round 4. 2 dc, ch, 2, 2 dc in each ch 3 space; dc in each of the next 5 dc (9 dc on each side). Join.

Round 5. Dc in each of next 9dc. Dc, ch 1, dc in each ch 2 space (11 dc on each side). Join.

Round 6. Dc in each dc. Dc, ch 2, dc in each ch 1 space (13 dc on each side). Join.

Round 7. With MC, sc around and 3 sc in each ch 2 space. Join and fasten off.

post-1473-135897535001_thumb.jpg

Edited by Afghaniac
correction

Lovely. Thanks for sharing.

Very pretty!

Very nice afghan. Thank you for sharing the pattern!

This will definately go on my "Must Do" list.

With great thanks to ScottyP, I have made corrections to the pattern, and hope it's okay now. If there's still anything that needs correcting or clarifying, please let me know.

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm adding it to my ever-increasing folder. Looks like I'm gonna need a separate hard drive for my patterns :eek!

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm adding it to my ever-increasing folder. Looks like I'm gonna need a separate hard drive for my patterns :eek!

You are so organized to have your patterns on disk. I have a mountain of hardcopy patterns, books, and magazines, as well as others on CDs and my hard disk. I need an external drive before my puter crashes again. It did awhile back, but the whiz kid at Microcenter was able to recover all my files. I think this summer is the time to organize. . . but then I say that every season.

Very pretty!