Floral Hexie Afghan Motif

Although I posted this pattern as requested in a Show 'n Tell thread, I thought I ought to put it here, where it more properly belongs.

For a fairly large child-size (or small adult-size) afghan, I whipstitched together 29 of these motifs, in random colors of scrap yarn, then edged the afghan with a scalloped edge: First round: sc evenly around, with hdc, dc, hdc in areas of motif joinings. Second round: 5 dc in sc, sk 1 sc, sc in next sc, sk 1 sc, 5 dc in next sc. Continue around and join.

Floral Hexagon

J hook

Worsted weight yarn. Colors A, B, and C in a variety of colors. Main color (MC) in a single, unifying color such as Aran.

With Color A, ch 3 and join.

Round 1 (Flower center). Sc, ch 1 around (6 ch 1 spaces and 6 sc). Join.

Round 2 (Flower petals). With Color B, 4 dc cluster and ch 3 in each ch 1 space (6 petals and 6 ch 3 spaces). Join.

Round 3 (Hexagon background). With Color C, 2 dc, ch 3, 2 dc in each ch 3 space and dc in top of each petal (6 ch 3 spaces with 1 dc between corner shells).

Round 4. 2 dc, ch, 2, 2 dc in each ch 3 space; dc in each of the next 5 dc (9 dc on each side). Join.

Round 5. Dc in each of next 9dc. Dc, ch 1, dc in each ch 2 space (11 dc on each side). Join.

Round 6. Dc in each dc. Dc, ch 2, dc in each ch 1 space (13 dc on each side). Join.

Round 7. With MC, sc around and 3 sc in each ch 2 space. Join and fasten off.

post-1473-135897535001_thumb.jpg

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm adding it to my ever-increasing folder. Looks like I'm gonna need a separate hard drive for my patterns :eek!

This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I'm adding it to my ever-increasing folder. Looks like I'm gonna need a separate hard drive for my patterns :eek!

You are so organized to have your patterns on disk. I have a mountain of hardcopy patterns, books, and magazines, as well as others on CDs and my hard disk. I need an external drive before my puter crashes again. It did awhile back, but the whiz kid at Microcenter was able to recover all my files. I think this summer is the time to organize. . . but then I say that every season.

Archived