CGOA Master's Class Anyone?

Marca17

Hello All,

Not sure if anyone out there has done the CGOA Master's Class before it was redone, but I just signed up for it and was wondering if anyone would like to CAL with me???? :hook I'm nervous but yet excited :yay about this and was hoping someone else would be too....

Looking forward to any insight,

Thanks

Mel

Well let me know how it goes I was thinking of doing that but I think I need to improve on some more skills before I give it a whirl.

Can you tell me a little more about it please.

rosebud75 here is the information on the CGOA Masters I got it from the Talking Crochet newsletter.http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters.php?mode=article&article_id=937&key=NL00

here is the CGOA website info on it https://www.e-offinger.net/cgoadata/scriptcontent/IndexJoin.cfm click to get a pdf w/ all the info.

it's being discussed in the CGOA group on ravelry.

Thanks magiccrochetfan, I didn't know that it is being discussed on Ravelry (I haven't looked at their forums before). I will have to check that out!

I gave it some serious thought, but I'm afraid I have too much going on this summer. However, I will lurk around this CAL to see how you are doing and to give you some moral support, if that would help!

I gave it some serious thought, but I'm afraid I have too much going on this summer. However, I will lurk around this CAL to see how you are doing and to give you some moral support, if that would help!

Yes Mollyanna :manyheart we will take all of the moral support we can get... Of course the one hook that I want to use, I can't find.. it's probably stuck in with some project that I didn't realize I didn't finish somewhere underneath all of the stashed yarn. I did however find the tags that I want to use for the swatches. I am headed for Chicago on Wednesday so that makes me nervous that I'll either get a lot done, or none at all... wish me luck! I'd like to take some on the plane, but I don't think the hook will make it through security... anyone else traveled with hooks carry-on lately?

you can travel with hooks... I just did in February!

I keep going back to see the scoop on this class... need to find room in my budget for it....

Hope you have a good trip!

Hey there, well I made it to Chicago and I actually have gotten quite a bit done... I am actually on swatch 15 or so, which is a good start (I have been crocheting for a few years now but I am really having fun with the different swatch "challenges"). I am flagging a few to go back and perfect if I have an opportunity. I broke down and bought another of the hooks that I was looking for. At some point I will teach someone to crochet and will have lots of extra "goodies" to give them! Chicago is great but muggy. Anyone out there know of any good yarn shops/craft stores in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago? Take care and I will update more later!

• 1 month later...

Well I took a short hiatus from my CGOA Masters to work a bit on an afghan for a friend, and a cross stitch night light for my mom's new beach house. Now, I am back on track and completed 7 swatches for the Master's yesterday :cheer. GO me! So now I am going to work on the swatches that need more than one color as well as trying to start on answering some of the questions. It's all coming together! WOO HOO. :yay

I got hooked and combined the desire to want to move forward quick in the Masters project with the desire to stop eating awful food in large proportions. I took my Master's work to work with me and work on it very day during my lunch time (however short)! I have been hooked for the past four days and have made MAJOR progress. I would say I've done like 20 swatches in the matter of a week and a half! :clap I am down to like the last 7 swatches and then I will have to go back and work on the questions and pesky gauge swatch! :hook But I am thrilled with the progress in such a short period of time. I really like how the program has given me more confidence in what I was already doing..hoepfully the reviewers won't be too harsh, but I LOVE constructive criticism. :yay

hi, Marcia ~

I just wanted to post some :clap:cheer:clap:cheer for you!

Great job!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

I just finished my last swatch!!!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!

Now to finish my questions and send the portfolio off for review!!!!

WISH ME LUCK!

Archived