I MUST PUT THIS CAL ON HOLD:::: AFRICAN FLOWER HEXAGON CAL and Roak: Come join the fun

moomooo

Ladies due to my upcoming surgery I need to put this CAL on hold but you can continue to make your flowers and then when i get into the swing of things again i will resume the roak list....

hugs

Lillibet

Hello my crochet buddies:

If you need a change between crocheting different sizes squares for friendship afghans then this is the CAL for you..

In this CAL we will crochet the AFRICAN FLOWER HEXAGON and we will roak others that join this cal too... This ways when they have enough of the hexagons they too can put together a different kind of friendship afghan...

What ya think??? Besides these are so addicting and you will use your scrap stast up so fast you will be looking for more yarns... the color combinations are endless... too...

If you join please PM me your full mailing address so others can send you a hexagon or more for your ghan...

So with out further delay here is the link for the pattern over at raverly and then also a tutorial as well...

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/LaurainVA/african-flower-hexagon

Laura is even running a swap in her group there so please do check it out .

The tutorial link is here:

http://heidibearscreative.blogspot.com/2010/05/african-flower-hexagon-crochet-tutorial.html

Here is a link to the flicr album with all the lovelies people have done with their hexagons.... check out the color combinations.....

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=african%20flower%20hexagon&w=all

Here are photos of some of the ones I have done so far.

I will show more when i get battery for camera.

hugs and i do hope you will join this fun CAL..You wont be sorry you joined thats how easy they are to make.

sincerely

Lillibet

post-6956-135897534748_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897534753_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897534756_thumb.jpg

post-6956-13589753476_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897534763_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897534766_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies and gents:

I sure hope you decide to join this CAL it sure is a difference than crocheting squares all the time.....for afghans...

Come on over and give it a try....

If you get stuck on it i will make and mail you one so you can see it on hand...

hugs

Lillibet

Hi there Jennifer...

Thank you for joining and dont worry i got your information and well if no one elses joins I will have it deleted and well then you and i can roak each other some hexagons..

they are lovely

will keep you posted

hugs

Lillibet

I will try to join! My not be able to send as many hexagons as I wish, but will do so between projects! Are you going to keep a list of who is joining? And don't forget, you don't have to make a friendshipgan, you can make bags, pillows, ect. out of the hexagons.

Hello LilyFlower:

Wow this is good a good start.... Dont worry sweetie you can make for now as you wish and when you can just let me know as I will keep a list of the members joining here and when you ready to roak a hexagon you let me know...

And yes its true with this motif you can make pillows, bags, afghan, totes, scarf, and even matching hat and so much more so the possibilities are endless...

Lots of color choices and combinations ....

hugs

Lillibet

Do you use a "H" hook for this?

I ended up using a J hook to end with the 6 inch square. I had some trial and error with different size hooks to get the size hex I needed. I crochet fairly tightly...so if you do too, try a tester with the J and see how you do.

I would love to join this lillibet! I will pm you my info. I am doing the swap over on ravelry too and love this pattern!

Wow Cool Beans Beth:

Thnks for join here I'm so happy ... I tell ya i cant stop making these in between my other crochet items i'm working on...

I used a size H and it working out good....

It depends on how tight oir loose we crochet....

Glad you are here sweetie

hugs

Lillibet

Dear Lily Flower:

I dont like that part either but what i do is i leave longer tails and i crochet over them in the next round and then all i got to do is cut the tiny tail the rest in already crocheted inside...

give that a try

hugs

Lillibet

I am using a "H" hook. Made 8 so far! The only thing I don't like re weaving in the ends! :lol

I do that too! BUt I end up with 3 ends each time because I can't get 2 hidden well nd the 3rd is just the normal one to weave in!

does anyone have a specific color(s0 they are looking for? Or a color scheme? (Primary, neon, ect.)

In this CAL we will crochet the AFRICAN FLOWER HEXAGON and we will roak others that join this cal too,<<<<<<<<

Is there a place to see this magazine with the pattern as she says it isn't hers and she copied it.

I might join, after I finish up some of the squares that I am already working on. I'll be peeking in to see how things are going.

Dear Sarisue:

Who ever joins this CAL can roak others that also join in this swap this way we can gather up more motifs faster and different colors etc.

As for the magazine it came in maybe you would like to contact laura herself over on raverly and she can tell you better.

She is not taking the credit for the pattern she does give the credit where its due she posted her variation of the pattern which is what we are doing.

I hope i've been of help

Lillibet

quote=sarisue;2067061]

In this CAL we will crochet the AFRICAN FLOWER HEXAGON and we will roak others that join this cal too,<<<<<<<<

Is there a place to see this magazine with the pattern as she says it isn't hers and she copied it.

Evelyn if you checked out the tutorial link it will tell you the aprx size

and of course the hook most used for this is the H but since not every one crochets the same gauge you might have to up a size or down a size.

I hope this has helped.

hugs

Lillibet

I havent joined yet till I see if I can make the hex the size its suposed to be, But I cant see anywhere what the size is. Can some one give me the

size.

Welocomed CrochetinMama:

I'm so glad you will join and i will make note of the new addy....

Feel free to post your progress on these cuties....

have a great day tomorrow.

hugs

Lillibet

I saw a two gorgeous pillows made out of this pattern. One was all white hexagons and the other was white but with a colored center (each a different color). I'm thinking this might be a fun CAL to join. I've been wanting to do these for a while. I'll try one out tomorrow and then decide for sure.

Welocomed CrochetinMama:

I'm so glad you will join and i will make note of the new addy....

Feel free to post your progress on these cuties....

have a great day tomorrow.

hugs

Lillibet

Do you still have my address from testing the sweater? If not, let me know and I'll send it to you again.

Archived