How many "back up" hooks do you have?

I probably have about 100 hooks. My favorite size is an "I" and I have about 10 of those. Crazy.

And I wouldn't have known it if you didn't post this thread. Thank you.

:manyheart

I am an amateur at hook collecting, and you are all enablers! :hook I only had 3 hooks until last night, when I went off for more yarn and remembered I needed an H. Instead of just getting the one hook I wound up with a set of Wright's hooks because I decided I don't like my Bates J hook. I didn't mention the extra purchase to TokenMan, what he doesn't know won't hurt him.:devil

I tend to lose hooks way too easily as oftentimes I will set something down for a split second and whatever hook I was using goes bye-bye... I also took a long break from crocheting, and now that I am trying to do more work on the blanket I intend to give to my mother, (it is now about 3 feet wide by 3.5 feet long) I am very upset that my bamboo handled hook that I bought specifically for doing that afghan went missing. So I have been using the next size up since I have zero spending money until tomorrow (I hope) but as soon as I do have some cash, I think I am going to take a bus ride to the big Joanns and get a new set of hooks and also some sort of case for them and the accessories that I have. If I have enough, I may also purchase a book of patterns and some more yarn. I would like to give some really good Christmas Presents this year if my wrists don't start hurting too badly. I may have to crochet myself some wrist/arm warmers to prevent the pain but I would be worth it, especially since I now spending approximately 3 hours and 15 minutes either at a bus stop or inside a bus, and one of those bus rides is fairly long and might get longer if my Sister and I move.

I have millions of hook but I always have a couple that I couldn't live without. You know, the special ones with wood handles that used to be your grandma's kinda thing. I got most of them as hand-me down –*from three lovely old ladies who sadly passed (miss them!) –*but you can also find a lot at thrift stores. Maybe it they were bought at thrift store bargain-basement prices your hubs wouldn't mind so much (then again you couldn't send him to get them for you then).

I have at least 2 of each size, but I have about 4 or 5 of the H/5.0 because it is what I use for ami's, and I am always losing them.

My hubby doesn't really say anything about my yarn or hooks. He even bought me an entire set of Clover soft-touch hooks for my birthday last year. :heart

Unfortunately, most of the hooks I own are Boye hooks, bought in a large lot off Ebay, and before I realized I just *can't* crochet with Boye hooks :bang.

Same here. Boye hooks make crocheting impossible for me too. I have to use Susan Bates hooks.

I have 2 or 3 of each size! Am I addicted, or what? LOL Learned to crochet with a Boye hook and will use nothing else. Isn't it great that everybody doesn't like the same brand of hook? If they did, there wouldn't be enough to go around!!

Pepsi

Last year (February and March) all I had was an I and N hooks. Then Herrschners had a kit with the hooks (B to K) as a bonus gift. I got 2 kits that I am working on.

Before I left Austin, i had 3 sets of hooks. One set steel for doilies, one set aluminum and one set bamboo. I even had L and M hooks. Had O and P in plastic.

I have two full sets of the Boye Master set (has 24 hooks --both steel and alum.). I have a set of 8 ergonomic hooks (that I am not crazy about) in yarn hook sizes. Then I have several hooks that I have bought separate here and there, extra large, and an afghan hook.

I agree that it is like a man with his tools -- these are our tools and you have to have the right tool to do the job. And back up is essential! You can get one of the Boye Master sets I listed at the beginning for $22.95 -- not bad for 24 hooks and a nice zippered case. It is the perfect back up set if you don't already have one.

Archived