8mm beads what thread do i use?

In my opinion, and depending on the project that you want to do, you can use any size thread as long as it fits through the hole in the bead. If the pattern that you are using, requires you to go through the bead more than once, than use a thinner thread, so it fits through the hole when it goes through twice or more.

I use 6 mm beads for size 10 bead spread weight thread, and I use 2 mm beads for size 3 cotton thread. The size 3 can go on any size 3 yarn. I don't know about 8 mm beads. They sound a bit small. Try size 12 thread, but most people don't like using size 10 thread, much less size 12. Good luck.

thanks for the replies. i don't have a pattern to work with yet.I just thought since i already had them,I would start off learning with them.Every how to site I have found all have different size beads and thread.Maybe I will just wait until later.

How about a sticky thread here for those of us that want to try crocheting with beads but don't know where to start?

My ideal sticky thread would consists of links to:

show us what we are doing

how we are suppose to do it

what the basic supplies are

and

links to beginner patterns.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I have been crocheting with beads for a long time now... 8mm beads , you can use size 10 threads. I wouldn't use a size 30,40 threads cause then the bead will look to big for the thread. Here is a close up picture of the beads in the doily... I have no set way to put the beads in I just put them in when I am ready. I just use any pattern and go free form with it. I also put all my beads on first, so I don't lose them.

The black and white Doily is for a couple Bradon & Christina as a Wedding gift as we could not be there.

MAY 19, 2008 BRANDON-CHRISTINA LUCIO WEDDING DOILY 024 (3)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunnywolfgar/sets

you will also see the snowflake doily, there are several beads in it to. Altho you cn't see it well I did several close up pictures.. It is better to see it in person. the snowflake doily went to our son & daughter in law- Bud & Berna. Enjoy the Doilies and Hope I was help to answering your questions.

Archived