Bloomin' Bag.....2nd Bag added Post #36

LuvMaxine

I was inspired to make this bag when my Lacy V bag pattern was linked to a group on Ravelry where they try to recreate the knits of Anthropologie. I looked at the Everbloom Bag for which they were looking for similar patterns and immediately figured out how the bag was made and set out to see if I could recreate the look.

The bag pattern in mine (coming soon) and the flower is the 5 Petal Flower by Julie Armstrong Holetz.

This is the first purse that I have made, lined and used the magnetic snap closure on and I am thrilled with the results.

Supersized view http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/CAP121/Crochet/Bags/BloominBag2_O.jpg

post-19478-135897533549_thumb.jpg

post-19478-135897533553_thumb.jpg

post-19478-135897533557_thumb.jpg

I LOVE this bag! Can't wait for the pattern. May I ask what the measurements are?

:cheer:cheer:cheer

I LOVE this bag! Can't wait for the pattern. May I ask what the measurements are?

:cheer:cheer:cheer

My bag is about half the size of the original because I used DK weight yarn, but the pattern will have two options.

It is 12-1/8" W x 6-1/2" H x 3" D

I am currently making a BIG tote using the same pattern which I do not plan to line.

My bag is about half the size of the original because I used DK weight yarn, but the pattern will have two options.

It is 12-1/8" W x 6-1/2" H x 3" D

I am currently making a BIG tote using the same pattern which I do not plan to line.

Thank you for the speedy reply!

Beautiful bag! I'm curious, when sewing in the lining, do you sew around the top by hand? It is very neatly done.

Yes I did sew around the top by hand. I found it very easy to do with the pattern, one stitch in each sc gave a very finished look.

Archived