adding crochet to fabric

annmcc1976

Question

I was woundering the easy way to add crochet to fabric,

I plan on making another Ruffles and rattles afghan. but this time after i get each square made. I want to embroider the design then add fabric to the back of the square before i add the boarder to each square.

I plan on getting Fat quarters so how would i go about doing this so i can atttach each fat quarter to each square. sew it on with my machine? or do a sc round on each square attachign it to the blanket

any help is apreciated

4 answers to this question

I would sew by hand, using the yarn you made the squares with. Thread can cut yarn, and by sewing by hand you can give the fabric a little 'ease' (stretch room).

When you cut the fabric, fold under a little seam allowance (hem) toward the back side so the fabric doesn't unravel.

My frugal self would never buy fat quarters; I think they are a ripoff, or at least you are paying a whole lot more for the convenience. In my area at least you pay several times more per yard for fat quarters than you would to buy fabric yardage off the bolt and cut it yourself.

I have some fat quarters i already got a while ago at a garage sale.. was gonna do my next blanket with this pattern with them.. but make the cross stitch area not as baby theamed. so it can go with the quarters on th bk.

Thanks! SO if i use the Yarn i crochet with I'd just sew it with a yarn needle or Sewing needle

yes something like that excpt instead of side by side. i ant to put it to the back so they are together. so it covers the backside of the crochet square to cover the oppsite side of a embroiderrd design

Archived