Home crochet machine?

bendruce

Question

Hi all

New to the forums with a question.

I've been crocheting now for 6 years and have become proficient at beanies and scarfs.

I'm at a point now where I've got a lot of people wanting to buy them.

The problem is that I'm finding it hard to keep up with demand.

I want to go from making 3-4 single stitch beanies a week to 10+.

I was wondering if anyone out there knows of, or has heard of, a home 'crochet machine' that would suit my purpose?

Really appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Thanks

Ben

post-38809-135897529955_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

If there was such a thing as a crochet machine, I'd be the first in line to buy one :lol. For now, the only crochet machine that I know of, is my own set of ten fingers. I have the flat bed "Ultimate Knitting Machine", but I haven't used it in a long long time....just because I need a table for it.

Welcome to Crochetville, Ben!

I'm not aware of the existence of such a machine either.

Perhaps, if this is a business venture, you could consider outsourcing? You'd have to weigh its worth, of course. Either way, congrats on the success of your designs and work! :h5

There haven't been any machines made that can crochet. Only people crochet.

My friend has several eletronic knitting machines as that has been her business most of her life and they are wonderfull. Not cheap so research good before buying one. She can program stitches in and does those nice Christmas stockings and stuff and a lot of childrens hats with ear flaps with designs. I would stay away from the as seen on TV knitting machine as there was nothing but complaints about them so go to a good store and research them out. Mary

I realize that's an old topic, still I thought someone will find it useful. 
There is a book "From Needles to Hook" that tells how to convert knit patterns to crochet.  But I have never tried to re-create such patterns on a knitting machine though, so I'd like to know - has anyone tried this before? Would it be possible to re-create crocheting with such device? Any finished products/or fails to share?

3298474096_e3ed1638df_z.jpg

Edited by clovertheclever