Pound Of Love Yarn

I was just wondering if anyone has used Lion Brand's Pound Of Love Yarn?

I just purchased my first skein on Sat. and began to make my project. The yarn itself works up nicely but there is NO center end so you have to manually unroll the yarn from the huge 1 pound ball! Makes using it very frustrating. I contacted Lion Brand thinking I had gotten a bad skein but they said that the yarn baller they use for Pound of Love doesn't roll it where there is a center pull! Now, am I the only one or is this really stupid?? They did offer to send me a new Pound of Love or any other Lion Brand yarn that would equal Pound of Love's price. I have to send them a detailed description (and a very bad drawing) and the label first.

It's crazy to not be center pull.

Tho I have never used a "pounder" simply because I only imagine all the knots it would involve. If I ventured there, I think I would have to rewind into smaller balls; which I guess would defeat the purpose.

I have used their pounders and you usually have to reach into the center of that big ball, pull out the yarn and look for the center pull, if it's not on one end just push the yarn back in and try the other end. The yarn that you pull out to find the center pull you will have to wind aroung the ball. Once you find the center pull you will enjoy using this yarn. It usually have no knots for in the ones I have used have usually been knot free. Hope this helps. :manyheart

Then Pound of Love DOES have a center pull? The customer service lady said that their ball winder doesn't wind with a center pull which I found to be very strange! If Pound of Love does have a center pull then that will go a longgggg way towards me using it again.

You know when you have a normal sized skein that you can't find the center pull on, you can kind of flip flop it around. The pound of Love is just wayyyyy to big to do that to so you have to stop and manually unwind it. Very frustrating!!

I have used Caron 1 pounders and find that you have to reach deep inside to get the end you also sometimes pull more when you have to find the end. I like it when they leave a small tail out to start a project.

I love using Pound of Love and have for years. There isn't normally a pull at the end of the skein, but if you dig down into it, you can generally pull out a smaller "clump" of yarn that has the start of the yarn. Once the skein is started, I've never had a problem with knots.

For me, not having to change skeins in the project is way worth a little trouble starting the skein.

I happen to have a skein of Pound of Love in front of me on my desk-- there is yarn sticking out of the center. I always assumed they were center pulls-- you just have to dig around a little and de-tangle the "yarn barf".

Thank you all! I just may use this yarn again and dig in the center! lol

I have used various brands of one pounders and like others said, you need to reach into the center and pull out a wad to find the center. This has'nt always worked for me, sometimes it has resulted in a messy, tangled birds nest. I tend to just make it into small managable cakes to avoid the tangles

I happen to have a skein of Pound of Love in front of me on my desk-- there is yarn sticking out of the center. I always assumed they were center pulls-- you just have to dig around a little and de-tangle the "yarn barf".

:lol

i just re-skeined them with my winder...

I have used Caron 1 pounders and find that you have to reach deep inside to get the end you also sometimes pull more when you have to find the end. I like it when they leave a small tail out to start a project.

Same thing with Vanna's Choice. In fact, I have never used a skein of yarn that DOESN'T have a center pull.

I don't like using the pound of love skeins even though they are very soft i had my fiancee wind it into a ball for me because mine always always end up tied in huge knots in the center.i have to pull the whole center out and go from there.

I have gone through about 1/2 of the pound skein now and went diving into the center. Pulled out a mess of yarn and low and behold there was a little end in there! :hook

I find that, unless something is wound up into a skein that has to be wound up into a ball using a swift and a ball-winder, it's usually possible to root around in the skein and find the center-pull. Granted, you may end up with a lot of "yarn barf" to work through, but once you do, you end up being able to pull from the center quite nicely.

:c9

I'm using a skein of pound of love right now. It does have a center pull. Like others here, I had to dig a little to find it, but it was there. I have never had a skein of yarn that didn't have 2 loose ends....one on the outside and one on the inside....

Every skein of yarn that I have bought has a center pull!! Sometimes you have to dig for it and it can initially come out in a big blob.

I am using TWO POL right now and had no issues finding the center pull.

I've used 3 or 4 skeins of LB Pound of Love and always have to have it rolling around to unwind from the outside. It's a bit of a pain, but I love the yarn for baby blankets so I just kind of deal with it. I don't see why they can't have a center pull...Caron One Pound manages to have a center pull!

Archived