May Charity CAL 5/27 - 6/1

nicolep

Oh Nicole, your ripple and hats are so adorable! It must really make you smile to work on them.

Lindsay, sorry that both of your movies were bad. The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past is pretty silly. I am about 1/2 through it. Sc, sc, sc, turn, (dc, dc, dc turn for you, right?) is pretty easy and I don't seem to get lost while I am watching movies. Right now I think I would like overcast and rainy. It's so hot here and we are just getting started. It's after about 20 days of 110+ (f) that I start to wonder why the heck I live here.

I am going to show what I have done as tomorrow it's back to work and I won't have time for pics tomorrow.

post-13802-135897536126_thumb.jpg

Not quite as cute and Nicole's, but oh well. The kitties love them.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a break in the rain and walked the dog. Then picked a few flowers that were not totally destroyed and headed to the cemetery to place flowers for my Dad and Mom (Dad passed in 2001 at 92, my Mom in 2007 at 95). It was a celebration: calla lillies brought from my childhood home; branches of snowballs start of my my grandparents tree on their homestead; a rose from the bush given to me in memory of my father; rhododendren blossoms form two bushes given to me by my folks and some wild ferns that they planted at our house the year we build -- all in lavender and white. Had been trying to do that for several days but torrential rain made it difficult.

I was eating lunch about 2pm when my husband yelled at me from the kitchen to get in there. Low and behold, in broad daylight, we had a huge raccoon up on the deck. He hung around for quite a while, climbed a nearby cedar tree and sat there for a while, then had to back his way down. So glad both the cat and the dog were in the house. We usually only see them at night when they come though the yard and trip the outdoor sensor lights.

Just finished the 12-pt round ripple and got all my ends worked in. I think I have enough to make a matching hat or two. Will take pictures tomorrow at the end of the CAL.

By the way, Lindsay. Have you heard of a book series called The Outlander? I am listening to it on audio book. It (mostly) takes place in Scotland and the reader is British. But she does the Scottish and French character's voices too. Whenever I read your posts, I hear the readers voice in my head.

The preemie and kitty stuff is looking great so far!:) I only got another 12 (very small) granny squares made yesterday as I got distracted by other things!:lol I need to count up what I have made in square numbers after today but so far I have made enough for 6 more charity scarves plus the blanket so I am quite pleased. Today will be some scrap wool squares for blankets (not scarves I am neglecting my blankets with all these scarves!!!) See you all tomorrow for final totals and pictures etc.:hook

Finished eight preemie hats last night, well, I still have to tuck tails. Looks like we will get a break in the weather today so I will be torn with trying to get outside and work in the yard. At least it is nice to come in and sit down to crochet when tired.

Wow Nicole, that preemie RR is beautiful. Are there any free patterns around for something like that? I wouldn't mind trying one. Do you use baby yarn?

Darlene, you did 8 hats in one night? Goodness, you ladies are quick. Will you be able to post a picture?

And Lindsay, I always look forward to your pictures. The yarn you use always looks so beautiful. Maybe because it's wool and it looks so different from what I use normally.

Oh, PS. I got a big bag of yarn donated to me a few weeks ago and in with the arcylic stuff I recognize were 3 balls of a cotton yarn made in Turkey(?) and one of the little balls I have has a price of $12.95 or something like that. And the lady said she hadn't touched her stuff in 7 years! I have a picture at home, but I am back at work today. Maybe tomorrow I can post a picture and you can tell me how this expensive yarn should be used. I don't think it belongs in a cat mat!!

Wow Nicole, that preemie RR is beautiful. Are there any free patterns around for something like that? I wouldn't mind trying one. Do you use baby yarn?

Darlene, you did 8 hats in one night? Goodness, you ladies are quick. Will you be able to post a picture?

And Lindsay, I always look forward to your pictures. The yarn you use always looks so beautiful. Maybe because it's wool and it looks so different from what I use normally.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977275501

That's the pattern I used for the purple/green/white preemie afghan. There are a lot of free patterns for round ripples on the internet.

Howdy gals! I wanted to stop by and post pictures of what I was able to finish during the Charity weekend between other responsibilities.

[ATTACH]21447[/ATTACH]

Very pretty, Nicole!

Oh Nicole, your ripple and hats are so adorable! It must really make you smile to work on them.

Lindsay, sorry that both of your movies were bad. The Ghosts of Girlfriends Past is pretty silly. I am about 1/2 through it. Sc, sc, sc, turn, (dc, dc, dc turn for you, right?) is pretty easy and I don't seem to get lost while I am watching movies. Right now I think I would like overcast and rainy. It's so hot here and we are just getting started. It's after about 20 days of 110+ (f) that I start to wonder why the heck I live here.

I am going to show what I have done as tomorrow it's back to work and I won't have time for pics tomorrow.

[ATTACH]21459[/ATTACH]

Not quite as cute and Nicole's, but oh well. The kitties love them.

Very nice. I'm sure that the kitties will love them.

Just wanted to pop in again and post a picture of the preemie RR I finished this evening.

[ATTACH]21464[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous!

I've spent most of this weekend working a quilt for my mom. It has a deadline on it. I should have time tonight to finish up the scarves though. Not as much as I had hoped for charity, but a lot done on the quilt.

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474977275501

That's the pattern I used for the purple/green/white preemie afghan. There are a lot of free patterns for round ripples on the internet.

Thanks for the pattern link Nicole!:D The chances of my ever being able to make it are slim but at least I can link to it on my blog!:lol Your preemie blankets are so pretty!:)

Linda - Every little bit helps! :yes

All right ladies, time to start posting totals!!! Please make sure you post your total in big, bold letters so I don't miss anything. I'll post my this evening. I'll give everyone until Wednesday afternoon to post.

Thanks for making it another great charity weekend!

Totals: 2 dishcloths, 2 preemie afghans, 8 preemie hats

Everything is lovely Darlene as always but your preemie hats are just so cute all grouped together like that!:manyheart

76 granny squares

7 crocheted flowers

1 blanket

You can see everything here. I even got all my ends sewn in so I don't have to start with that rotten job when I go to assemble my scarves!:clap

Thanks for a great weekend everyone and thanks to Nicole :manyheart for hosting. I will check back at the end of the week to see the totals and pictures!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Darlene, what beautiful work. Those little hats are so, so adorable.

And Lindsay, 76 granny's squares? Wow, those bad movies didn't distract you too much. What a lovely pile of work in your picture. I stalk your blog all of the time to see the finished products!

I finished 4 cat mats.

The one that is only 2/3 done now will just have to be finished in June. Hey! It is June. Yikes.

Thanks again to our wonderful hostess!!

Not sure if everyone has posted their totals or not. When I get home, I will post my totals and post the group totals. If anyone posts late, I can update the list. Thanks, gals!

Here are the group totals -

Dishcloths - 1

Preemie afghans - 4

Preemie hats - 15

Granny squares - 76

Crocheted flowers - 7

Blanket - 1

Cat mats - 4

Great work everyone!! See you next month. :D

Here are the group totals -

Dishcloths - 1

Preemie afghans - 4

Preemie hats - 15

Granny squares - 76

Crocheted flowers - 7

Blanket - 1

Cat mats - 4

Great work everyone!! See you next month. :D

:cheer:cheer:cheer Didn't we do well!? Thanks again for hosting Nicole.:)

Anyone else have any pictures to share???:D I like pictures at the end best as they give you inspiration!:lol We were a smallish group this month it must be the busy summer months?! :) Hope to see some of you for June's weekend!:crocheting

Archived