2 Comfortghan Requests

crochet smartcat

I am requesting 6" or 12" squares in rainbow type colors, out of ww yarn. I would like to create 2 comfortghans for the sister and husband of yarnlovers66's ex-sil.

They were on their way home from the airport after enjoying a family vacation abroad, when they were hit by a drunk driver. Their van was overturned and caught fire. The parents were severly burned and injured trying to rescue their children from the burning car. They unfortunately lost 2 of their 3 children. You can view the news story here if you are interested in further details.

I have volunteered to help yarnlover66 with this and so you can contact either of us. But please email me for my address to send the squares. Please help these grieving parents by contributing some squares. Any are greatly appreciated.

i have 40 12 inch square if you like only prob. is me getting them sent to you quick moneys tight if you can wait awhile i can get them out to you if you need to see pics of them my email is niki2short05@aol.com

hugs niki

40-12 inch squares is a LOT of squares. How about if I paid for the shipping of the squares to get them to Crochet Smartcat? That could be my contribution as I am so tied up with so many things & don't have time to make squares right now. How much do you think it would cost to send that many 12 inch squares? $20-40? If you can find out, I'll send you the money to ship them.

That story hurt me to read. I can't even imagine the nightmare they're living through. I'm in the middle of so many projects right now it makes my head spin, but I can at least send a couple of squares for this if you still need after Niki's generous offer.

There are also some new flat rate priority boxes; you might need two or three, but they're only $7.70 to ship no matter how much they weigh. Here's a link to where you can get the boxes from the post office's website, although you could check your local P.O. and see if they've got just a couple you can take.

Good luck, girls, and I'll check back to see if more squares are needed!

As I would like to make at least 2 comfortghans for this family, some 6" squares might be nice to trim the finished pieces. Three for the 3 surviving family members would be nice if I get extra blocks. The forty blocks are enough to do 2 4 x 5 foot blankets, however a little bigger might be nice for the adults, and one for their surviving child would be nice too.

I appreciate all of your generosity and told yarnlover66 that she could count on everyone at c'ville to help with this project. Diamond (Cheryl), I will contact Niki and confirm that it is okay for me to forward her address to you. I would think that she could mail them parcel post for $10, because I have a friend that sends me boxes stuffed with yarn (up to 10 lbs worth) and that only costs $6.00. However we are in the same state, so sending it further would cost more.

I have to say that I am truly touched and amazed by the response with this request. My former sister in law is still a good friend of mine. Her family is really hurting with this tragic loss. She lives here in Iowa and her sister and brother in law live in Indiana. Thank you so much to everyone who is helping with this project. It brings a tear to my eye to know that people do care. Thanks again.

:heart :heart :heart:hug :hug :hug:heart :heart :heart

teresa, honey i am sorry to hear about your familys tragic lose, i will of course make some squares and send them to tandy

take care sweetie sending lots and lots of:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart :manyheart your way.

• 5 weeks later...

I have received all the squares and finished putting them together. Thank you to everyone that contributed. I will be sending it to Teresa tomorrow or Wed. Only received enough squares for one and didn't want to delay this comfortghan any longer to wait for more.

Thank you.

0904001.jpg

This is wonderful Tandy! Thank you so much for doing this for me. You are truly a great friend. I also want to thank all of the people that contributed squares. What a great thing people can do for others in need!!

tandy, you did a great job putting it together. what a special friend you are . i know how busy you are and for you to take this wonderful project on, well all i can say is i hope the family will know. what a nice thing to do. looks great:hug :hug

Here is the email I received from Elisa after she received the comfortghan that several of you helped put together. I just thought I'd share.

Teresa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a wonderful surprise! Your thoughtfulness means a lot to me during

this time. It seems like their are always reminders around of the good

times we've shared. Nathan's birthday was last weekend he would have been 6...

My sister is healing well but her husband is having some difficulties...his

burn were more severe and he did get an infection in one of the burns above his eye, so the doctors changed his medicine and made him have an allergic

reaction in the middle of the night. Then they tried IV and the nurses were

unable to get one if after 8 times, so they made him go back to the Loyola

Hospital Tuesday, so I am just ready to see what next. I guess they were

talking about covering his burns with some type of metal?

Keep them in your prayers.

teresa, i am so glad that she is doing so well, am still praying for the ones who were burned. it must be so hard for her

i am glad i could help her in a little way with the squares. take care :hug :hug

Here is the email I received from Elisa after she received the comfortghan that several of you helped put together. I just thought I'd share.

Teresa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What a wonderful surprise! Your thoughtfulness means a lot to me during

this time. It seems like their are always reminders around of the good

times we've shared. Nathan's birthday was last weekend he would have been 6...

My sister is healing well but her husband is having some difficulties...his

burn were more severe and he did get an infection in one of the burns above his eye, so the doctors changed his medicine and made him have an allergic

reaction in the middle of the night. Then they tried IV and the nurses were

unable to get one if after 8 times, so they made him go back to the Loyola

Hospital Tuesday, so I am just ready to see what next. I guess they were

talking about covering his burns with some type of metal?

Keep them in your prayers.

Archived