2nd Annual Pregnancy Center Baby Shower - DELIVERED - Pics Post #95

PAndrus

I would love to help out...this is such a generous thing you are doing and would love to be a part of it... :o)

Yeah! :clap You're such a sweetie for helping! Let me know if you have any questions! Sending you a PM with my addy!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at these beautiful baby clothes! Jessica (JessicaRenee520) is wonderful! She is getting ready for her own baby, Peter, who will be arriving soon and found time to help babies in need. These baby shirts and sweater set will be loved by moms - and we're going to have some well dressed babies! :yes

Thank you so much Jessica! :hug

post-33588-135897571565_thumb.jpg

I put them in the mail this morning! They should be arriving soon.

I received your hats! They're precious.

The cord for my camera is at the office, so pics will have to wait. But, I wanted to let you know they'd arrived! :clap

Thank you!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Look at these gorgeous sweater sets from Linda (CLLinda). They are so soft and sweet! :manyheart

The peach sweater has a bonnet and booties and the boy sat has the sweetest cap. Look at the buttons - they are adorable!! :hug

Thank you so much Linda - I love them and know they will be a hit at the baby shower!

post-33588-135897580965_thumb.jpg

Wish I would have seen this post earlier in the year. I would have loved to help out some. Coming from a former single mommy-to-be....Thank you for doing this - and thanks to everyone who is sending in donations. :hug:hug:hug:manyheart

An update on the shower - It will be Friday, December 3rd. The pregnancy center is in desperate need of donations. They are actually down to only four baby sets to send home with participants when they have their babies and have almost nothing on the shelves for the moms to use their points towards. No one has held a baby shower for them since the beginning of the year. They just don't have anything left to give to these families.

Needless to say, they are beside themselves with joy and appreciation for your efforts and donations.

Thank you all for helping me support them! :hug I can't even put into words what your help means.

I took part in the October Charity CAL while on a car trip this weekend! Had lots of fun making tiny baby things. When we got home, I held up a sweater to show my mom saying that you forget how tiny they are. She laughed and told me that these sweaters are too big for a newborn, but they'll grow into them in about a month or two! :blush Ah well, I'll work on smaller ones next time!

post-33588-135897586015_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Is there a deadline or is this a year round thing?

The baby shower this year is going to be on Friday, December 3rd, so anything received before then will be part of this year's donation.

Unless they run short before Christmas next year, I'll hold any donations received after Dec. 3rd until the 2011 Baby Shower. Right now they are very low, so it may end up evolving into a bi-annual event if they don't get more support elsewhere.

As promised....Pics of the new 'ghan!

Look at this beauty from tmpinsnty. It's a beautiful cream color - so soft and cuddly. It's going to be cherished by a new family! :manyheart Thank you so much for thinking of these babies!

post-33588-135897595652_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Good Morning Ladies! I can't even tell you how excited the Pregnancy Center is about the Baby Shower tomorrow afternoon! Thanks to everyone's help, we have loads of goodies to give them! Pics will be posted as soon as I can - You should see all the afghans and little sweater sets all wrapped up in the stockings. It's adorable!

Thank You All For Your Help!

The 2nd Annual Handmade with Love Baby Shower was an unbelievable success! :clap The ladies were all so excited to pick out special things for their new little ones. There were even a couple of toddlers in attendance - They were too cute picking out their own blankets to take home. All the moms-to-be were in awe at the beauty of the baby items.

There are just no words to describe how thankful I am for your support. You have touched so many lives.

The final counts:

58 Afghans

13 Bibs

38 Hats

5 Cuddlesacks

13 Pairs of Booties

Burp-Rag

2 Onesies

3 Dresses

18 Sweaters

Matching Sweater and Pant Set

Baby "Lovey"

4 Shirts

Way to go!!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

For privacy reasons, I have no pictures from the actual shower. I do have these, though. The first is a pic from starting to put the blankets and baby clothes into Christmas Stockings. The second is a pic of the enormous pile of goodies!

post-33588-135897604471_thumb.jpg

post-33588-135897604475_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tricia ~ Thank you so much for updating us. Thank you for all of your dedication and hard work on your special project, and to all of you who donated such lovely items. Looking forward to helping you in the future! :c9

Archived