2nd Annual Pregnancy Center Baby Shower - DELIVERED - Pics Post #95

PAndrus

Last year I was able to donate 21 afghans from infant to child size to my church along with some amigurumis and scarves. After seeing the generosity and love from Crochetville, I was inspired to set a goal of 50 afghans to donate this year and will be working directly with the local pregnancy center. This November I will bring all of the afghans to the center for a “handmade with love” baby shower.

Can you help me make this baby shower even more of an event to remember while blessing families with love?

I am looking for donations of baby afghans, hats, booties, scarves, prayer shawls, toys, bibs, basically ANYTHING you feel the desire to make. Any type of yarn, any pattern, and any type of handmade item will be greatly appreciated!

In order to attend the baby shower, families will have to earn “points” by participating in parenting classes and other types of counseling/readiness courses. All participants are working for a better life and just need a little help along the way.

Every baby deserves something handmade with love that is their own special item.

I will take donations at any time and be assured that all donations will be stored in clean, plastic tubs in my house until the baby shower. Just PM me and I will get you my address.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for even considering helping me. I feel very blessed to have met you all here at the ‘Ville.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to keep you up-to-date on my own progress...

My current totals:

4 Baby Dresses

3 Bibs

2 Hats

6 Scarves

17 Afghans

These are afghans #14-17 and some of the other misc items

post-33588-135897529316_thumb.jpg

post-33588-13589752932_thumb.jpg

post-33588-135897529324_thumb.jpg

Hi Tricia:

I would love to help. So count on me ...I dont know what i'll make yet but i will make stuff for your cause....

hugs

Lillibet

Tricia I'm sure more of the members here will also help... Its a great cause I wish there was a center like that here I may have to look further into it as well...

Dont know where to start searching so if you can give me tip that would be awesome.

Hugs

Lillibet

Tricia please do keep posting here the items you make and receive that will encourage other members here to donate for your charity and from now til November I'm sure if lots of us send you something it will be loads of stuff you will be able to take and donate for that baby shower even i sure wish i could be there to help you...

hugs

Lillibet

Oh I will love to participate! I can start in June and will let you know when I have some things done and ready to go. Thanks for allowing us to share in this special event! :manyheart

Braving the weather - I had to check my mailbox today! I had confirmation that Darlene's afghans had been delivered!

It was just like Christmas opening the package to find these two beautiful blankets! One is a hexagon, the other a lovely round ripple. The yarn is the softest and the colors are exquisite. I tried to show off the colors by taking these pictures on a dark blanket.

Thank you so much Darlene - Two babies are going to be very blessed to cuddle up in these. :hug

post-33588-135897530553_thumb.jpg

post-33588-135897530557_thumb.jpg

post-33588-13589753056_thumb.jpg

I've finished four more toddler size afghans - they get my personal total to 21 this year, and we have a total of 23 for the pregnancy center baby shower! This is going to be a great year! :clap

post-33588-13589753337_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A busy couple of weeks later....And one I found while stashdiving that was all but finished...

These bring the total to 28 Afghans! We're on our way!

Is it November, yet? I can hardly wait

post-33588-135897536824_thumb.jpg

post-33588-135897536827_thumb.jpg

post-33588-13589753683_thumb.jpg

Tricia, I just threw a couple more baby afghans in the washing machine. I joined the WIP buster CAL and spent my morning weaving in ends. I do not know why I detest doing that so much, but things get set aside for no other reason. I will let you know when I pop some in the mail.

I will help also. I probably won't be able to do much until after my "St. Vincent NICU Donations" drive is over. That delivery will be made on 8/31/10. So I can do some stuff quickly and get it to you. What's the date of the shower?

Teakaycee - Just sent you a PM. Thanks for the help!!

Nicole - Thanks for helping! The exact date is not set yet. Still waiting on word from the center. As soon as I get the date, I will definitely update the initial post.

Mrs. Principal - Just sent you a PM! Thank you!!

A big Thank You to TCarra!

I was very excited to open up the package from TCarra this weekend - I found a beautiful bib and hat. They are going to be so loved by a Mommy-to-Be and her little one! :c9

post-33588-13589753819_thumb.jpg

A big Thank You to Darlene (Needle Arts) for these two new baby blankets! One is a large granny and the other is a hexagon. Both are super soft and cuddly - they are going to be so loved by new babies! :manyheart

Thank You!!

post-33588-135897539064_thumb.jpg

I have finally found out why I started a baby boy flannelghan. I just got this urge the other day to make one, but didn't have any reason to. NOW I know...give me a few days to finish it and it's yours.

Archived