cancer comfortghan help needed, PLEASE!!

Hello everyone,

I am in need of a LOT of assistance. i have THREE people in my life who have been diagnosed w/ cancer.

1 is a man w/ pancreatic cancer and 2 w/ breast cancer.

The pancreatic cancer was first and i almost have the squares done for his afghan,then just need to put them together. However, I have not been able to start w/ the 2 breast cancer afghans and came to ask the wonderful people here for help making them.

I was wanting to use pinks, of course, and either of these 2 patterns: hereorhere. in the 12 inch sizes of both.I think both are appropriate and together will provide an interesting afghan for each.

Will you be so kind as to help me w/ these afghans?? i would greatly appreciate it.

Sandy

needed 40 squares. have 0 squares

hello...would like to help...please send an address for mailing...questions -

1. date needed by

2. do you prefer a single crochet edging or leave squares as per pattern

thank you

1) by june 1st, or around bout. (seems i misestimated. only done this 1 other time. can go until july or august easily )

2)as per the directions, is ok. w/ the filet 1 am working on for a person w/ pancreatic cancer, I am doing the solid hdc row from the pattern on them for a more finished look.

and, no, THANK YOU!! i do so appreciat the help. i tend to be on the slow side of crochet and have little time to boot. The sheer no. of the recent people in my life w/ cancer has majorly overwhelmed me w/ trying to give make these for them.

sandy

If you PM me your address I should have a couple ready to mail out next week.

pm is on way. thank you for the help.

sandy

These will be on the way to you soon.

[ATTACH]20622[/ATTACH]

I hope you've had lots of offers to help out. Be sure and post the finished afghans.

those are very pretty, miss peggy. thank you so much. i've received a few pm's on them so far. and i appreciate each and every one of them. i will definitely post a pict when i get them done.

Sandy

These will be on the way to you soon.

[ATTACH]20622[/ATTACH]

I hope you've had lots of offers to help out. Be sure and post the finished afghans.

I mailed 4 this morning that look almost exactly like these. Hopefully they will arrive early next week.

I mailed 4 this morning that look almost exactly like these. Hopefully they will arrive early next week.

thank you miss bgs. i am excited to get them. :)

I received two packets this past week, 3 from bonnie and 4 from peggy. thank you both so much for the help. i am sure they will love the afghans when i get them all together.

sandy

How are you doing with the squares? Do you have enough of them yet? I'm so glad mine arrived safely.:clap

I received another packet this week from bgs w/ 4 in it. Thank you so much bgs for your help.

that brings the total i have received up to 12. not enough for 1 afghans, but closer than i was and I appreciate each and everyone of them. thank you each so much for your time and energy in making them to help me out.

i just finished the purple 1 for the pancreatic cancer and put some picts on.

thank you so much

Sandy

post-5657-135897536206_thumb.jpg

post-5657-13589753621_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897536213_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897536216_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897536219_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear my squares arrived safely. You did a great job on the purple afghan. I wish each person you are making an afghan for the best. I know pancreatic cancer can be pretty bad as I lost my mother and grandfather to it.

Glad to hear my squares arrived safely. You did a great job on the purple afghan. I wish each person you are making an afghan for the best. I know pancreatic cancer can be pretty bad as I lost my mother and grandfather to it.

yes, the man has sadly already passed, but will give it to his widow. I am sorry to hear about your losses to it. I so wish they'd find some sures for cancer soon. :(

I used a continuous join method for joining the squares to speed it up some.

sandy

do you need more squares, I may be able to send a couple more when I go shopping for yarn later this week

yes ma'am, i do still need help w/ this and would truely appreciate any you wish to send to me. Thank you so much.

Sandy

• 2 weeks later...

the purple afghan that i made for the family of the man w/ pancreatic cancer, i finally got a chance to give it to his widow. she LOVED it. was so shocked to receive it and was making over it so. Mentioned that her husbands birthday was coming up like this week and was like he was getting a birthday present.

Sandy

the purple afghan that i made for the family of the man w/ pancreatic cancer, i finally got a chance to give it to his widow. she LOVED it. was so shocked to receive it and was making over it so. Mentioned that her husbands birthday was coming up like this week and was like he was getting a birthday present.

Sandy

Sandy

I am sure it really meant a lot to her and really its probably better that you got it to her later than you had maybe hoped because it lets her know that you are still thinking about her loss. It often seems as if everyone is there initially and for the funeral but few are there when the reality of it all sinks in and you are dealing with your loss.

I am sure it really meant a lot to her and really its probably better that you got it to her later than you had maybe hoped because it lets her know that you are still thinking about her loss. It often seems as if everyone is there initially and for the funeral but few are there when the reality of it all sinks in and you are dealing with your loss.

oh, i agree so much, bgs. i usually look at it as "it gets finished/delivered/the colors it ends up being/etc that it's suppose to be" and try not to stress too much about knitpickie details. i only start out w/ an idea, but rarely does it end up being as i 1st imagine. It ends up being what will be mostly appreciated and needed.

Sandy

yes judianne, i do still need some. life here has been a bit wonky...moms having her 91 bday this wknd, my aunt and cousin came to visit unexpectedly from connecticut, and my cousins (husb n wife) have been in an accident w/ issues. OY"VEY!! so time has been fleeting for me to make any squares. it all gets done when its suppose to, though.

thank you so much for offering and please pm me when you're ready for my addy.

Sandy

yes judianne, i do still need some. life here has been a bit wonky...moms having her 91 bday this wknd, my aunt and cousin came to visit unexpectedly from connecticut, and my cousins (husb n wife) have been in an accident w/ issues. OY"VEY!! so time has been fleeting for me to make any squares. it all gets done when its suppose to, though.

thank you so much for offering and please pm me when you're ready for my addy.

Sandy

Okie-dokie! I'll work on that this weekend and let you know when I'm ready to mail...

Archived