That Elephant Square 7" inches (3 images)

Please send me a pm if you find any errors. :hook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:elle That Elephant Square :elle

post-11825-135897527137_thumb.jpg

Copyright to champygirl May 3, 2010

Materials:

Worsted Weight yarn in 2 different colors (Color A=CA, Color B=CB)
Size H hook (5.00mm)
Yarn needle (to weave in ends)

Finish Size: 7”h x 7”w inches

Different Stitches:

Extended Double Crochet (EDC)-Yarn over, insert hook in specified st, yarn over, draw up a loop, yarn over, draw thru one loop, yarn over, draw thru two loops, yarn over, draw thru last two loops.

Back Back Loop (BBL):

post-11825-135897527146_thumb.jpg

Directions:

Rnd 1: With CA ch4, join with sl st to first chain to form ring, ch2, 12 dc in ring, join with sl st to first dc.
(12dc)

Rnd 2: Ch2, 2 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each of the next 11 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(24dc)

Rnd 3: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 3 sts, ch7, 1 hdc in 3rd chain from hook, 2 hdc in next chain, 1 hdc in next chain, 2 hdc in next chain, 1 hdc in next chain, 1 hdc in last st (hdc) made on body (working around post of stitch), 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, sl st in next st, ch2, 1 dc in same st as sl st, 1 dc in next st, ch2, sl st in same st as dc, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, sl st in next st, ch2, 1 dc in same st as sl st, 1 dc in next st, ch2, sl st in same st as dc, 1 sc in each of the next 4 sts, ch7, sl st in 4th chain from hook, ch3, sl st in same chain as last sl st, sl st in each of the next 3 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 sc in joining sl st of Rnd 2, join with sl st to first sc.
(18sc, 3 hdc, 1 trunk, 1 tail) (The ch7 and the hdc worked into the chains and around post of st counts as your trunk/ the ch7 with sl sts and ch3’s is your tail)

Ear: Ch3, sl st around post of one dc on Rnd 2, ch4. sl st around post of one dc on Rnd 1, ch2, turn, 4 dc in ch4 loop, 3 dc in ch3 loop, ch2, sl st in same st as joining.

Finish off.

Rnd 4: Join CB (leaving a very long end for embroidering eye and mouth) with a sl st to next sc, ch3, 1 dc in same st, 2 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch1, skip trunk (make sure trunk is in front of your work), 2 dc in each of the next 3 sts, ch1, 1 sc in BBL of each of the next 2 dc, ch1, 2 dc in each of the next 2 sts, ch1, 1 sc in BBL of each of the next 2 dc, ch1, 2 dc in each of the next 4 sts, ch1 (make sure Elephant’s tail is in front of your work), 2 dc in each of the next 6 sts 1 dc in same st as first dc, join with sl st to top of beginning ch3.
(4sc, 41dc, 6-ch1 spaces) (Beginning ch3 this Rnd only counts as dc)

Note: If you want your Elephant to have a more rounded edge try doing all of Rnd 4 in Back Back Loops (BBL) only. This will leave the front and back loops free and this will create a slight ridge. Here’s a link to a square doing Rnd 4 in BBL only and a link to a diagram showing BBL for different stitches:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/BBLelesquare.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/champygirl_photos/Pattern%20diagrams/bbdiagram.jpg

Rnd 5: Ch1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (1 EDC, ch3, 1 EDC) all in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 2 sc in next ch1 space, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (1 EDC, ch3, 1 EDC) all in next ch1 space, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in next ch1 space, 1 hdc in next st, 1 sc in each of the next 3 sts, 1 sc in next ch1 space, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 dc in next ch1 space. 1 dc in next st, (1 EDC, ch3, 1 EDC) all in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in next ch1 space, 1 sc in next st, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, (1 EDC, ch3, 1 EDC) all in next st, 1 dc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 hdc in each of the next 2 sts, 1 sc in next st also going thru back loop of last dc made on ear, 1 sc in each of the next 2 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(16sc, 16 hdc, 16dc, 8 EDC, 4-ch3 spaces) (56sts total)

Rnd 6: Ch2, 1 dc in same st as joining, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, 1 dc in next st, 1 dc in next st also going thru back loop of first hdc made on trunk, [1 dc in next st also going thru back loop of next hdc on trunk] Do this 4 times, 1 dc in each of the next 8 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, 1 dc in each of the next 14 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, 1 dc in each of the next 5 sts, 1 dc in next st also going thru first ch3 loop made on tail, 1 dc in next st also going thru 2nd ch3 loop made on tail, 1 dc in each of the next 7 sts, (2 dc, ch3, 2 dc) all in next ch3 space, 1 dc in each of the next 8 sts, join with sl st to first dc.
(72dc, 4-ch3 spaces)

Rnd 7: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st as joining, 1 sc in each of the next 7 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space, [1 sc in each of the next 18 sts, (2 sc, ch2, 2 sc) all in next ch3 space] Do this 3 times, 1 sc in each of the next 10 sts, join with sl st to first sc.
(88sc, 4-ch2 spaces)

Finish off.

With long tail (from joining CB) embroider eye and mouth onto elephant and the secure that end. Once you’re done embroidering weave all your ends in.

Enjoy!!!!

Copyright to Amelia Beebe AKA champygirl May 3, 2010. Do not claim this pattern as your own and do not sell the pattern. It is free for a reason. Do not copy and paste pattern to another website, please use a link. You can do whatever you want with the finish item you make. You can sell the finish item, or make it for charity, or make it as a gift. Whatever floats your boat. If you do sell the item online, do not use my photo, make your own and take a picture of that.

post-11825-135897527142_thumb.jpg

I made this one and now I am going to start the turtle. Thanks for some wonderful squares. I know what my next baby gift is going to be; an afghan of your pattern with different color elephants. Again, thanks.

OMGosh.............love it!!!! :hug

thank you so much for sharing this! I cant wait to make one... or 12 :hook

:heart

:mug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived