Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

Joanne, you made me think of something....What's the difference between a hooker hooker and a crocheting hooker?

........A crocheting hooker sits around while working!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colleen- yes, that makes sense! And sounds like it will be really nice-

Mary- you must be so excited to be visitng DS for 12 days- where out west is he again?

Shannon-did you ever get your cole-slaw?

Oh Mary, that is so exciting! Pack your summer clothes, they are having a heat wave out there! That's great!

Joanne - WTG getting 3 squares done. Isn't it great when you get a long stretch of time to crochet. DD was worn out today and went to bed at 6:30, so I've been smoking (and frogging :blush) since then. The bookstore was kind of disappointing. They had so many books you could barely walk down the aisles and you pretty much had to know a title you wanted and ask for it. I was going just to browse. I also thought it was a bit pricey. I won't be going back. But I bought a crochet book :D

Colleen- Sounds nice!

Joanne- Your idea sounds great. Perfect for an artist. I saw her work. She's very talented!!

I will be going to the Inner Harbor- Baltimore, MD on 8/14- it is my oldest DD's 30th BD and all 3 DD's along with DH and I are going- We are going to go to a baseball game at Camden yards (in Baltimore) and probably go to the Smithsonian Institute in Wash DC- whatever else we do will be up to the Birthday girl- We are going until Tues 8/18. It should be lots of fun- not very often all 3 DD's and I can work out schedules to do a mini-vacation!

The book is older, from the late '80s I think. It's called Crochet for a Beautiful Home. It has some nice 'ghan patterns, a beautiful tufted baby blanket, and charts for filet letters. I was thinking I might do a filet wall hanging of our last name maybe :think. Yet another project for the WIM!

Wow, Mary! That sounds like a nice long trip!! Are you driving? How long will it take you to get there?

I saw a video on crocheting over the ends and I've been trying it while I am doing the bestie squares.

I am getting bored already with the same colors for the bestie squares (but am motivated because they are for all of you! I think I would enjoy making alot of colors- So many ideas, so little time!

Joanne- Your trip sounds great too! I know you're looking forward to it!

Colleen- Have you ever done filet before? That would look nice in your dining area!

I hear ya Joanne. I always say I'll learn to knit better when I run out of things I want to crochet. I really can't see that happening in my lifetime. Maybe I'll come back in my next life as a knitter :rofl

Colleen- that sounds like fun- beaches and fishing.

I'm taking the week after Labor Day off with no real plans yet except for not working!!! DH has to go to Georgia for a conference and I am thinking of going up to NewHampshire to visit my cousin, then stop in Somerville for a visit with DD and if we can work it out, I'd love to meet LeaAnne since she is not far from DD.

Archived