Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

My mom just showed us our Christening dress the other day. She, her 4 brothers, my sister and I all wore it. DD didn't get to b/c we were a little late getting her baptized. If I had known about the dress, I wouldn't have let it happen!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is really neat, Joanne! Leanne, I love that you made your dd's. My girls were baptized at different ages (the oldest 2 were done together, one was 4 and the other was 2) and my youngest hasn't been yet. I am hoping that she will fit into the smaller one when the time comes, because it is beautiful. :manyheart

Stacy!! I can see you! It's like we're talking face-to-face. Thanks for putting a pic up!

LeaAnne- Love the joke. Love love love owls!! I can't wait to tell DD.

I'm on Chapter 3. I let DD watch SpongeBob while I read. (I know....bad Mommy!) It's very interesting. I see some similarities, but not the big ones. He was very methodical about things as a child, and so is DD. Instead of coloring with crayons, she likes to stand them up on their ends in a row. She's been doing it since she was at least 20 months old. But he had trouble learning his ABCs, and she's known them for a long time. It's really neat to be able to get into his brain though.

We have Superhero popsicles with the jokes on the sticks. DD thinks she is so cool because she can read them. Not sure if she actually gets them, though. :think:lol

That's funny, Stacy, that you thought we could see you. I would have to get a good picture of me in order to put one up. I don't have many pics of me since 2004 (DD was born in Jan. 2005 :rofl) I'm always on the other side of the camera these days.

Good thing about being behind the camera. Not one pic of me in a bathing suit came home with us! Yay for that!

I haven't had a popsicle stick in a long time- didn't know they had jokes on them.

But I did have an italian ice the other day- the building owner had work had a Tenant appreciation day and all the companies in the building (there are 4) got free italian ices. I got mango and coconut mixed- it was yummy,

And I love Rita's Ices. Do you all have Rita's by you? Or is it a regional thing?

Plans for the weekend? :think Tomorrow is DD's last soccer game. My MIL is coming and so are my neighbours. Of course, this is the only one DH is going to miss, so I have to do all the "entertaining" of DD's fan club. Otherwise not many plans. I think we'll fit in some kind of family outing and there is a used bookstore I want to go poke around in for some "me" time. We love to stay in town for long weekends, because it is nice and quiet.

Your book sounds really interesting, Shannon.

I'm usually on the other side of the camera, too. Dh took that one at Knott's on dd's birthday.

Leanne, go to your User CP and on the side it says, "Edit Avatar." Then just click on the option to browse your computer. I think the image has to be a certain size, so you need to resize before you can add it.

I love Italian Ice!! They have them here, but they're a cheap imitation of what I get in NY. They're not even worth buying. We also have to go to Carvel every time we go up there. And get bagels. And Stella D'ora.

Archived