Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have Care Bears, too. My kids love them- I think they have almost every one. Everyone loves to buy them stuffed animals but the girls don't really play with them. :shrug

DD sleeps with 2 stuffed puppies. Big Puppy and Little Puppy. They are well loved and look it too! Every now and then she adds an animal to the mix or sleeps with a barbie or something, but only the puppies are there every night. We bought like 3 or 4 "back up" little puppies when she was little. She was sick so often, we would switch them out when one needed washing because it would be covered in snot. I'm terrified she'll find them some day. DH bought a final little puppy that we are keeping brand new for her child or something.

CareBears have been around for a long time- - oh yes, the Shannon you tube video on the cabbage patch. Speaking of Cabbage patch--i remember standing on line at the store to get oldest dd a cabbage patch kid one year for Christmas- oh, what us mom's won't do

I'm terrified she'll find them some day.

:rofl Make sure you keep them well-hidden.

It is so weird that none of my kids have had a security item. :think I thought every kid did that.

Colleen- that is so great---having a puppy for a grandchild- wow-that is really thinking ahead-

There was some kind of puppy that was out when my DDs were young- Stacy- do you remember (you are their generation)

:yes yes, Joanne... I learned when I was 2! .... NOT!

but you are right, nearly all my life. I have tried lots different things, thread & yarn. I made my DDs' Christening dress, and had a Christmas village that I made out of thread. I loved it, but it got yellow over the years, so I need to replace it (the village that is... the gown is stored away for the next generation)

I was the stuffed animal queen, and DD usually isn't into them. Ever since we came back from Florida she's been carrying them all around. I always wished she'd get attached to one. I better start watching what I wish for. My hedgehog, Polar Puff, is in my closet. I slept with him until DD came along. DH didn't have a say. And when I was pregnant, I couldn't get comfortable unless he was tucked under my arm (I wasn't used to having boobs).

The only one of mine that did was the middle one- her Garfield.

They all did have little fisher price bunnies that were part blanket. Youngest DD was kind of attached to that- and we lost it one day shopping- and I had to search high and low to find another one- and of course- couldn't find a "pink" one- only yellow- I think that was a traumatic moment for her---but whew- she survived!

Yes, Care Bears and Cabbage Patch Kids... ahhh the memories!

My sister had my neice's nursery done in Care Bears, and I made a 'ghan for her with a different bear on each square... :think I wonder if she still has it? (my neice is 22)

I did a graph-ghan of the purple Care Bear for my oldest dd (when she was about 3.) I just pulled it out of the closet the other day and now Mia wants one. It was tedious and I don't know if I'm up to doing that again!

That is so neat that you made an heirloom christening dress. All 3 of my DD's wore my christening dress- and so did my nieces. it is packed away if I ever have grandchildren- mine wasn't handmade though, but it was neat that my mom had saved it!

I loved Pound Puppies. And I had like 7 Cabbage Patch Kids, and a Koosa cousin. My first CPK was Marcie, and one of my babysitters pierced her ears for me. I loved that doll. See, this is why my brain doesn't function--lots of random stuff in my noggin, but nothing important.

Let me tell you DD's new joke (she loves knock, knocks)

DD: Knock, knock.

me: Who's there?

DD: Get.

me: Get who?

DD: Get me some milk.

Smart alec.

My mom made my DD's baptismal gown. It was sewed, not crocheted. I heard the neatest tradition from another family that day. They had the name and maybe date of each child that was baptised embroidered on the gown. I think in blues and pinks. Isn't that a neat idea?

Archived