Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

DD won't go to sleep. She's in the process of tucking in all 20 stuffed animals, and every time she tries to get under the sheets, one (or more) of them loses their covers and she has to start over.

Stacy- I said you exaggerated about the IRLs. I didn't accuse you of lying. I didn't mean for it to sound bad. Sorry.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Stacy - no worries on only 2 squares... you ARE finishing an afghan, remember? ...and I am in the same shoes as you, I'm afraid... nothing yet has been good enough for you guys.

:hi Shannon!

Hi Shannon-ness!! Glad you didn't fall asleep..

I have an AC Moore next to Shop Rite and a Michaels next to Barnes and Noble- but the closest JoAnn's is about 1/2 hr away...and what I really wish we had was a HL

That is a cool idea to make your square bigger, Vicki. I can't wait to see how that turns out!

Michael's and Joanne's are right next to Ralph's stores here, and there is also a Wally World in the complex with the Joanne's. :clap

Vicki - I'm beginning to think I should do similar things--panels, bigger squares. I love squares, so that may be my new thing. I am hoping to actually finish an adult size afghan sometime soon. 'ghans are typically way too big a project and I get bored.

Shannon - that is so cute with the stuffed animals. She needs a bigger bed :D

hmmmm... another mom of a nite-owl! :lol and I thought it was just me!

Joanne, your place sounds really nice. I hope you get a good price when you're ready to sell... have you narrowed your search at all?

Vicki - I prefer larger pieces, too, when I can get away with it (less end weaving, right Colleen?!)... sometimes you need squares, though.

Shannon, no worries! :hug I knew what you meant, just used the wrong word. :wink Good luck getting dd tucked into bed.

I wish I had an HL, too! The closest one is in Arizona, I think. I wonder if there are any in MI? :devil

Vicki- how long have you been wielding a hook? What about everyone else? Me, I'm fairly new to it- only made 3 afghans when I was younger- one for each DD- all a ripple and then didn't crochet again until Feb of this year. So back to "square one" as they say.

I'm going to bow out now. I am tired and the alarm is going to ring early! Have a good night ladies and I will try to post from NY. My mini laptop is coming with me so I can work on my paper. I hope my SIL put wireless internet in the house!

I am starting to like doing squares- it is the instant gratification thing I think- and I'm with you- I don't like the weaving in of the ends- I might try that Join-as-you-go method that colleen and LeaAnne were chatting about last night

Shannon - I had to get a separate little bed that could be slid up next to DD's for all of her animal friends! They all had names, and all needed to be tucked in before I could tuck her in... too funny!

Bye, Vicki! Have a safe trip. :hug

I am so excited right now! I went to the HL website and there is one about 10 minutes away from where we are staying in MI! :clap:clap:clap (I feel like doin' the Cabbage Patch right now. LoL)

All this talk of stuffed animals- My artist daughter still has the Garfield stuffed animal she got when she was 2 and sleeps with it wherever she goes! She actually got her start in art drawing garfield. It became a tradition that every year for Christmas she got a Garfield something! Oh and all 3 had CareBears and every other stuffed animal imaginable- a real menagerie!

I just told dh- he rolled his eyes and said, "We are NOT going to MI so you can buy yarn." He just doesn't get that it is a new and different store! I will go, though. :devil My birthday is coming up- maybe I can get my mom to take me on a shopping trip. :rofl

I've been crocheting for about 7 years. I started when I was preggers with my oldest dd.

Leanne, how cute that they had their own little bed! My dd's have a couple of favorites, but for the most part, their stuffies stay in the big purple pail I bought for them.

And I got myself and DH 2 bear stuffed animals that I put on our bed (dorky, I know) but they are so cute....and oldest DD gave me a Starbucks barista bear (with Uggs)- he comes out every winter

:rofl the cabbage patch. I guess you saw Shannon's instructional video on youtube.

Bye Vicki - have a great trip!

I agree, squares give me that instant gratification I love. I learned to crochet in about 2000, but didn't really get serious about it until the winter of 2007.

I have been :crocheting for almost 36 years. On again off again, but always as often as life will allow. I have given most things away, and sold a few pieces. Only a couple of afghans to show for it...

Archived