Some good clean fun?! [Archive 1]

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You still have A&P, Joanne? We had one in MI when I was younger but it closed and they put in a Kroger. Out here, there is Ralph's, which is a Kroger brand. Isn't it funny, all of the different regional stores we have? :lol

Not in my town- There is one about 20 minutes away in another town- DH and I sometimes go on a Sunday afternoon- they have jazz musicians that play music- it's kind of nice. Not all of the towns here have a "downtown" area- where I live doesn't.

I often think I would like to live in a city ---another thing on the ole bucket list!

Yep still ahve the good old Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company- aka A&P. I worked at the one in the town I grew up in when I was in HS- We also have Stop and Shop, Shop Rite, Pathmark, Whole Foods and Wegman's.

I like Shaw's when I go to visit DD in Somerville.

Hey- where's mary?

I :manyheart Whole Foods. It is darned expensive, though. We have Trader Joe's, and I try to go there instead. It's a bit cheaper but much the same thing.

You're right- Mary said she would be here. Maybe she fell asleep, too. :lol

Squares are coming along- have 10 for DD- (i think this might not be ready for her 8/17 birthday- looking more like Christmas gift) and I did get another Bestie's square done. Won't get any:crocheting done tomorrow and Sunday i'll be cleaning (this is good clean fun CAL) so I have to do some cleaning!

I'm here, but I don't know for how long. What a bunch of yappers!! Last time I was here there were 1,640 posts. There's no way I'll be able to catch up now.

I'm bringing my squares with me. I have one more bestie square to do and then I am done! I am going to try to do something a little different with mine. I am thinking that I will make mine bigger to put in the center and have my bestie squares around it.

Oh, yea, it's tons different here. The town I grew up in was only like 20,000 people. There are something like 9 million in L.A. county alone. I was terrified when I first moved! ROFL We met when I came to visit my cousin (who has since moved.) I moved out here like 3 months later.

:heehee... yes I love my little chickens! Or should I say Nite-owls?!

I have 5 supermarkets within 3 miles of my house. I love it because I can hit each one for their sales... Stop and Shop, Trader Joe's, Whole foods, Market basket and Roche Brothers. They all have their benefits, and I am lucky to have them all so close.

I also have Michael's, Joann's and AC Moore, all next to my markets:blush

Yes DH and I are still looking into moving- have been doing some "fixing" up to the house. Just had belgian blocks and rocks put in around the pool (that isnt opened and the rainy weather this week has precluded that getting done). It looks really nice. DH wants the house to be "market ready" when we go to sell

Archived